Chia seeds have been in existence for a very long time indeed, the Aztecs are believed to have used these seeds during various religious and ceremonial occasions, as well as for the treatment of several known ailments. Chia seeds have several health benefits which the body can take advantage of, and the minerals and vitamins in chia seeds is what makes it highly beneficial to your well-being. Some of the minerals in chia seed include; dietary fiber, omega 3 fatty acids and protein.
Chia seeds will help you shed excess fat, it will aid digestion and also boost skin repair. Chia seeds also provides the body with energy and it is great to consume it after a strenuous workout. It is believed that chia seeds consist of 37% dietary fibers which makes it good for promoting proper digestion and preventing indigestion and constipation. It is also effective in the prevention and treatment of colon cancer.
Here’s Why You Should Consume Chia Seeds Daily
- It promote proper digestion.
- It promotes good brain activity and function because of its omega 3 fatty acids which is 8 times higher than that found in salmon fish.
- It contains a higher amount of calcium, even more than the calcium found in milk.
- Chia seeds are gluten-free.
- They contain very potent antioxidants which help to combat free radicals.
- Chia seeds are rich in protein which helps to build cells, tissues and aid organ repair.
- Chia seeds are rich in vitamin C and it is believed to have more vitamin C than that found in oranges.
- Chia seeds are rich in iron and it is believed that they contain thrice as much iron than that found in spinach.
- Chia seeds help to regulate blood sugar levels.
- Chia seeds have twice as much potassium than that contained in bananas.
- They promote hair, nails and skin growth and regeneration.
Consuming one tablespoon of your chia seed everyday will do wonders for your digestive system. You should however drink lots of water, as they have a very high dietary fiber content.
You can mix chia seed in your salad, chia seed do not taste horrible, but rather it has a simple and nice taste. Another way you can consume chia seeds is by blending them in your smoothies or by mixing them in your muffin and bread dough. You can also soak them in water and consume it like oatmeal.
Source: Home Remedies House