When you have a common cold or the flu, you don’t need to make use of conventional medications if you are weary of their side effects. You can make use of a completely natural remedy consisting of ginger, honey, and lemon to make a refreshing tea that will relieve you of the discomfort caused by the symptoms of the common cold or flu. This tea will also boost your immune system to protect you from any future viral and bacterial infections, keeping you fit and strong all year round.
Here’s a breakdown of the ingredients that you will need in this special natural and healthy tea
Ginger has very potent anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It is ideal to take ginger if you have digestive issues, as it will relieve you from constipation, indigestion, acid reflux, bloating and gas. Its anti-inflammatory properties will also help to give you relief from joint pain caused by inflammation conditions, such as; gout, rheumatism, and arthritis. Ginger will help to detoxify your body and eliminate harmful toxins that can wear you down and make life unbearable for you. It will also relieve you of vomiting, nausea, cold sweat and dizziness symptoms, as well as promote increased healthy sweats by increasing your body temperature and helping you to combat flu and cold.
This is an absolutely potent cough suppressant, as it can naturally soothe any irritation in the throat area of the sufferer and even relieve the person of a sore throat. Pure honey helps to boost a person’s immunity, as it promotes increased white blood cell production. So by consuming a little pure honey on a daily basis, you will go a long way in combating and preventing the symptoms of flu and the common cold.
Lemon is a citrus fruit that is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C. The antioxidants in the lemon will help you to combat free radicals that are responsible for a myriad of ailments and conditions that include, common cold, flu, premature aging and even cancer. The vitamin C in lemon juice will help to boost your immune system and keep you protected from infections. You also get to stabilize your body’s pH level when you consume lemon juice, as it will alkalise your body and create an environment where diseases cannot thrive.
The Ginger, Pure Honey And Lemon Juice Recipe
This is a homemade recipe that consists of purely naturally occurring ingredients. This simple recipe will help to boost your immune system and protect you from infections. Here’s what you need, how it’s prepared and administered.
- Ginger root (fresh) – 2
- Pure honey
- Organic lemon juice – 2 lemons
You should also get a 12 Oz. mason jar
Preparation And Use
- The first thing you need to do is thoroughly rinse the ginger and organic lemon, then you need to slice them.
- Put the sliced ginger and lemon in your mason jar. Place the ginger and lemon slices one after the other.
- You then need to pour your pure honey over the ginger and lemon slices placed in the mason jar make sure the ingredients are soaked with the honey. Place the lid on the mason jar and seal it tight.
- You can then refrigerate the mixture. Observe the mixture from time to time and you will notice that it will appear as a jelly-like mixture after a while.
- You should drink this mixture as a tea, what you need to do is to put between 2 and 3 tablespoons of the jelly-like mixture into your mug, as well as a couple of ginger and lemon slices, fill your mug with hot water and leave it to steep for a period of between 3 and 4 minutes. You can then drink this tea.