Stress can be very detrimental to your overall health as it can cause depression, anxiety, and restlessness. With depression, you can quickly lose your self-confidence and in severe circumstances, you can have suicidal thoughts and eventually commit suicide. Anxiety keeps you on edge, you are unable to relax and you can become easily irritated and irritable to others, you will be susceptible to mood swings and also tantrums.
Stress causes physical and mental issues as it can make you restless and unable to sleep at night, if you are unable to have a good night’s rest, you will mentally and physically be incapable of executing simple tasks at work. You could even be a risk to others workers, as your focus and decision making suffers.
Stress is a problem that a lot of people suffer from and it can be due to their lifestyle and type of work. It is very important that you find ways by which you can relieve the stress-factors in your life so that you can live a fruitful and rewarding life.
There are several ways by which you can relieve stress, you can engage in various exercises, yoga, meditation and even have a body massage to help you relieve your stress. However, there is an ancient Japanese stress relieving procedure that you can try out today, it will only require 5 minutes of your time and you can do it anywhere.
The Japanese Stress Relieving Procedure
The Japanese believe that every finger on a person’s hand can be directly linked to a particular mood.
- Your thumb is linked to your anxiety.
- Your index finger is linked to your fears.
- Your middle finger is linked to anger.
- Your ring finger is linked to depression.
- Your little finger is linked to self-esteem.
How To Carry Out The Procedure
- Use your right hand to grab hold of each finger of your left hand for some seconds.
- Hold each finger until you feel a pulse.
- You can also use your right thumb to press the palm of your left hand right at the center. Keep pressing for 60 seconds and you will immediately feel relaxed and at ease with your thoughts and environment.
Once you are done holding each finger of your left hand, you can switch and grab hold of the fingers of your right hand and repeat the procedure. You will soon create a balance in your emotions and feelings.
The following video will provide additional information that will help you practice this technique right: