If you are having trouble fallen asleep or sustaining your sleep for a reasonable amount of time; then you may want to examine your lifestyle and habits more critically under a microscope.
You could be experiencing sleeplessness as a result of the following stress factors:
- Overeating and eating late into the night.
- Cigarette smoking.
- Excessive alcohol drinking.
- Working late.
- Using your mobile phone, computer and watching T.V well into the night.
For most people that experience sleeplessness and insomnia the solution is to take sleeping pills.
While these pills may indeed help you to fall asleep they can also be addictive and can be a cause for serious long-term health complications.
Health Complications Of Sleeping Pills
Sleeping pills are known to cause the following health complications;
- Memory loss
- Difficulty concentrating
- Dizzy spells
- Abdominal pains
- Problems to the central nervous system
It is recommended that your body gets 8 hours of sleep daily to help it “reboot” and for your vital organs to function at their optimal level.
Sleep also helps you to combat several ailments such as cancer, diabetes and cardiovascular problems.
When you sleep you also help the health of your brain and nervous system.
You can get to sleep soundly using natural means such as a banana-cinnamon tea.
Potassium and magnesium are very important minerals for the human body as they greatly influence the health of the nervous system helping the muscles to relax and relieving it of aches, pains and cramps that would cause anyone sleepless nights.
Bananas are packed full of both minerals; your body loses a lot of magnesium when it is stressed and this magnesium can be replenished when you consume bananas.
On the other hand cinnamon helps to regulate your blood sugar levels by ensuring that it is not too high during the night causing you to be active rather than sleeping and too low in the day time making you sleepy when you should be active.
Try out this banana-cinnamon recipe today to end your sleeplessness and insomnia problems, here’s what you need.
- A small pot of clean purified or spring water
- Organic banana (unpeeled) – 1
- A dash of cinnamon (it’s optional)
Preparation And Use
- Cut both ends of your banana.
- Put the unpeeled banana in your small pot of water that had previously been placed on a low flame.
- Boil the organic unpeeled banana for about 10 minutes, make sure to sprinkle your cinnamon in the boiling water.
- If you have stevia you can add it for flavouring and also it helps to regulate blood sugar levels as well.
- Strain the water into a cup and drink the tea just before bedtime.
- You can also eat the unpeeled banana as a desert, just sprinkle some cinnamon on it and it’s great for eating.
Source: David Wolfe