Everybody wants to looks good. People usually spend a lot of money trying to look good and go in for expensive cosmetic treatment procedures. Most of them are unaware that there are natural ways of beautifying your skin, hair and teeth. They are easy to do and the ingredients are commonly found at home.
Baking soda is one such item which is good for your body and health. It is found commonly and is inexpensive.
The following are a few of the reasons to use baking soda to enhance your beauty
– Skin exfoliating: To three parts of baking soda, add one part of water, mix well and apply on your skin. Leave it on for some time and wash off with warm water. Once you finish, apply any moisturizer on your skin. This is effective in removing all the dead skin and dirt that would have accumulated on your skin, since baking soda is a wonderful exfoliating agent.
– Hair cleanser: While using your regular shampoo, just add a tablespoon of baking soda to it. Leave it on your hair for 10 minutes and wash off. Rinse well. You will realize how wonderfully it cleans your hair.
– Skin moisturizer: Baking soda is a very good moisturizer too. Just add some of it to your regular moisturizer and apply it to any dry area of your skin. You can use it on your elbows and knees which become too dry during the winters. It will remove all the rough edges around too.
– Hand softener: To make your hands look soft and gentle, make a thick paste of baking soda and water and apply it on your hands.
– Teeth whitener: Mix baking soda, water and salt and brush your teeth with it. This solution can be used to rinse your mouth to remove any bad breath as well. It works much better than toothpaste and makes your teeth white.
– Odor neutralizer: To remove bad odors from your room, just keep some baking soda in a container in your room. This will do the job. To eliminate underarm bad odor, make a paste of baking soda and water and apply it under your arms. This mixture, upon scrubbing will also remove any dark spots that have occurred due to the use of deodorants and antiperspirants. Basically, baking soda eliminates the bacteria that cause bad odor under your arms.
– Acne remover: Use a paste of baking soda along with a few drops of lemon juice and apply it on your skin. Leave it overnight. Do not expose your skin to the sun during this time because lemon and sun exposure don’t go too well. This procedure will help eliminate pimples and black heads.
– Foot soother: Make a solution using 3 tablespoons of baking soda and water. Soak your feet in it. It will help you relax, remove dead skin and protect your skin.
Source: Rel Digezt