You can put baking soda into several uses in your home today. It can be used for treating health complications, for improving your beauty and even as a deodorizing ingredient.
Let’s take a look at 20 amazing uses of baking soda in your home:
For Health And Beauty
- You can improve your breath with BS, just swish, spit and then after rinse your mouth (with ordinary water), use a mixture of a 1/2 glass of clean water and 1 tablespoon of BS for this.
- Take care of heartburn by drinking a mixture of 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 1/2 a glass of water.
- Get rid of body odour by applying baking soda with a powder puff to your underarms.
- You can use 3 tablespoons of BS mixed in warm water to soothe your feet. Just soak your feet for a few minutes then gently scrub it afterwards.
- Use baking soda and water mixture as an effective facial scrub, just mix 1 part of water to 3 parts of baking soda and apply in a circular motion to your face, rinse off afterwards.
- Use a mixing ratio of 1:3 of water and baking soda to make a paste which is effective in cleaning and polishing silver.
- Just soak your sponge in a mixture of 1 quart of warm water and 4 tablespoons of baking soda to get it cleaned and smelling fresh.
- Get your dirty ovens cleaned using baking soda put in a spray bottle with some water. Spray before bedtime and leave it overnight, by morning you can easily wipe off grease and grim.
- Get your refrigerator smelling fresh, just put an open container of BS in the fridge to get rid of foul odours.
- You can keep your flowers fresh and longer lasting, just add 1 tablespoon of baking soda to the water placed in the flower vase.
- You can get your shoes cleaned just by making a paste comprising of water and BS, then use a sponge or rag to wipe and clean your shoe.
For Gardening And Garage Use
- You can get rid of stains from your garage floor by mixing BS and water. Use a brush to scrub the floor with the mixture.
- You can revitalise your greenery by using a mixture comprising of:
- 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of clear ammonia
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 gallon of water
You can then use about a quart of this mixture on your shrub that is about the size of a rosebush to revitalise it.
- Use BS to repel bugs, just sprinkle some of your BS on your window sill, in your cupboard and anywhere you see insects like cockroaches and ants.
- You can give flavor to your tomatoes by sprinkling BS on the soil where the veggie is planted.
- To give your car a fresh fragrance just sprinkle some BS to your car’s fabric and leave for 15 minutes. Afterwards vacuum the BS.
Use For Cooking
- Get your omelets to be fluffier and to do this just add 1/2 a tablespoon of baking soda to every 3 eggs used.
- Use to wash off pesticides from your veggies and fruits. Just mix a 1/4 cup of BS to a bowl of water and soak your fruits and veggies in it.
- You can also deodorize your cutting boards by sprinkling BS on it then scrubbing it thoroughly and eventually rinsing it with running water.
Read more about Baking soda:
DIY Baking Soda Foot Soak
- 4-5 liters of warm water in a container
- 3 tablespoons of baking soda
- Soft clean wipe/brush/pumice stone
- Lavender oil
Source: Healthy Tips World