This endocrine gland shaped like a butterfly and located at the lower front neck area of a person has a very important role to play in the body.
The thyroid gland secretes thyroid hormones into a person’s blood which is then transported to all the tissues of the body.
The thyroid hormones will ensure that the body uses energy, that it stays warm and that the heart muscles, brain and all the other vital organs are functioning properly.
The thyroid gland can sometimes have problems, it may produce too much or too little thyroid hormone and this dysfunction can lead to several health related issues such as;
– Sudden weight gain or loss
Types Of Thyroid Dysfunction
This occurs when the thyroid gland isn’t producing enough thyroid hormone and this can cause the body’s functions and metabolism to slow down considerably.
This is occasioned by an unexpected increase in the production of thyroid hormones by the thyroid gland. In this case the body’s metabolism and other functions are sped up.
This is an inflammation of the thyroid gland which happens when Boyd’s immune system generates antibodies which attack the thyroid gland.
This is occasioned by the abnormal enlargement of the thyroid gland that leads to swelling in the throat.
5. Thyroid Nodules
This is a lump in the thyroid gland as a result of an abnormal growth of thyroid cells.
6. Thyroid Cancer
Here the tissues of the thyroid gland has cancer cells forming out of it. It is estimated that about 45,000 people in the U.S have this condition annually.
Thyroid dysfunction is quite common in women due to changes in hormones especially before or during their menstrual cycle or pregnancy. The symptoms vary from person to person and signs tend to be slow in developing.
Here are some symptoms of thyroid dysfunction in both men and women;
– Sudden loss or increase in appetite
– Unexplained fatigue
– Loss of sexual appetite
– Dry, flaky skin
– Pain in the muscles and limbs
– Insomnia and sleeplessness
– Thinning out of hair
– Increase in cholesterol levels
– A hoarse voice
– Poor regulation of body temperature
One major cause of thyroid dysfunction is iodine deficiency. This is because if the body doesn’t have sufficient amounts of iodine then the thyroid gland can’t make enough thyroid hormones.
Hypothyroidism can also be caused by low selenium levels. It is widely believed in the science community that having adequate amounts of selenium in the body can help to prevent goitre and throat inflammation.
Black walnuts are rich in selenium which has potent antioxidant properties and can help to provide a balance in the body’s hormones.
Always make sure you consult your doctor if you notice any symptoms that you feel could be as a direct result of thyroid dysfunction.
You can balance your body’s selenium levels naturally with this homemade recipe today.
– Black Walnuts – 40
– Raw Natural Honey – 35 oz or 1 kg
Note: get small jars or a mason jar.
– Thoroughly wash the walnuts and then pat them dry also.
– Prick the surface of the walnuts with a needle or use a knife to make some small cuts on them.
– Place the walnuts in a jar, then add your raw natural honey.
– Ensure that the jar is left open and in a naturally lit room to allow sunlight get to it.
– Leave the jar in this room for a period of 40 days.
– You can then strain the contents and leave the liquid in a glass bottle.
– You should drink one teaspoon early in the morning before breakfast and on an empty stomach.
Source: David Wolfe