Even though most insects are not dangerous, their bites always cause pain and annoying itching. Some insect bites can cause severe allergic reactions or transmit some disease.
This is why it is important to know how to deal with some insect’s bites.
Bee or wasp sting
1. If you got bitten by a wasp, the first thing to do is remove the sting. You should take a knife or other sharp object and gently scratch the site of the sting. Do not touch the sting with tweezers or fingernails because by removing it the rest of the venom will stay into the skin.
2. Wash the area with soap and water several times a day. If you only have swelling and pain, and no other allergic reaction, apply some cold coating of ice or vinegar. You can also rub the place with onions because this vegetable contains enzymes that have soothing effects. Sugar can also help, Soak the sting area with water and place some sugar onto it. In order to reduce swelling, put marigold cream onto the affected area.
3. If the sting is directly in the mouth, seek medical attention immediately. Poison in the mouth can cause severe allergic reactions, which in turn can cause swelling and closing the airway.
4. If the sting causes unbearable pain or swelling, immediately seek help from a doctor who will probably recommend allergy test.
5. Also, if you have symptoms of choking, vomiting, nausea, dizziness, etc. seek medical advice.
1. If a spider bit you, you should initially wash the skin with soap and water several times a day, and put cold coatings. Also, you can mash the wound with antibacterial cream. You can also apply lavender oil mixed with one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
2. If you get sting by the spider called black widow spider, put ice immediately and seek medical help, no matter if you experience any kind of reaction or not. Black widow spider bite is accompanied by severe pain and spasm, which occurs after 1 hour. First, cramps begin around the site of the sting, and then gradually spread. Vomiting, dizziness, nausea and muscle aches may also occur.
1. Tick bite is painless. After the bite, the tick can stay under skin’s surface even for several days. Therefore, after a stay in nature, make sure to give your body a detailed check. If you find a tick, remove it carefully using tweezers or immediately go to the nearest clinic.
2. The tick should be removed within 24 hours. Pulling it out by hand can be risky since there is danger of the head of the tick to remain under the skin. Once you remove the tick, you must not forget to disinfect the affected area using alcohol.
3. Carefully observe the site of the sting in the next 48 hours. If some kind of redness spreads, seek immediate medical attention. Also, if you have severe headache, dizziness, fever, vomiting, pain and stiffness in the neck, which may be the first signs of meningitis, you must see a doctor.