Fluoride is used in most toothpastes around the world today despite the fact that it is known to cause neurotoxicity in adults which leads to memory loss and poor cognitive functions.
In a recent study jointly conducted by the China Medical University in Shenyang and researchers from the Harvard School of Public Health it was discovered that fluoride is responsible for adverse cognitive development in kids.
It was revealed in a study published in the Journal of Epidemiological & Community Health that people who drank fluoridated water were more prone to thyroid disorders that lead to obesity and depression.
The study stated that hypothyroidism is a big health issue and along with iodine deficiency fluoride exposure should be regarded as a contributing factor to this condition and putting question marks on the validity for fluoridation of the public water system.
It is estimated that approximately 70% of the American public water supplies is fluoridated and the intake of this water is not and cannot be regulated as water is taken by people of all ages and in different amounts.
One of the argument to support the fluoridation of the water is that it helps prevent tooth decay, however there has been studies to show that overexposure of children to fluoride as contained in the public water can lead to dental fluorosis which is a discolouration of the tooth enamel and it is caused by excessive fluoride intaken
Drinking fluoridated water has its health risks which include;
– Declining oral health
– Damage to the pineal gland
– Adverse effect on the thyroid function
– Damage to bones
You can drink bottled water that is free from fluoride, but even this could have its own health risks.
Below is a list of high-risk bottled water brands that you should avoid as they have a high fluoride content.
(In alphabetical order)
– Belmont Springs
– Crystal Rock
– Crystal Springs
– Deer Park
– Diamond Springs
– Ice Mountain
– Mount Olympus
– Poland Spring
– Sierra Springs
The following under listed brands belong to fluoride-safe water bottle companies.
(In alphabetical order)
– Arbor Springs
– Aquafina Water
– Aqua Pure
– Black Berry Farms
– Blue Ice Natural Mineral Water
– Century Springs
– Clear Mountain Spring Water
– Crystal Spring Natural Spring Water
– Deja Blue
– Flowing Springs
– Fresh Market
– Glacier Bay
– Hidden Valley Natural Mineral Water
– Mountain Valley Spring Water
– Oasis Pure Drinking Water
– Polaris Water
– Smart Water
– Whole Foods 365
What You Never Considered When Drinking Bottled Water
– It has a negative impact on the environment as it is estimated that over 67 million water bottles are thrown away in the environment daily creating enormous waste.
– You could be exposed to health risk such as – altered immune system function, early puberty in girls and fertility problems, prostate cancer, obesity, diabetes, breast cancer, learning and behavioural problems and decreased sperm count when you constantly drink from plastic water bottles.
– Plastics have BPA which is a chemical that mimics estrogen hormones in the body, you could spike up these hormone functions with drinking regularly from plastic water bottles.
Source: Healthiest Alternatives