Carbonated drinks have been seen to be very harmful to our health and scientific research states that this drink has the following effects on the body.
The effects of this drink include:
For the first 10 minutes
– A cup of your carbonated drink comprises of 10 tablespoons of refined sugar.
– Your daily permissible dose of refined sugar is exactly 10 tablespoons.
In just after 20 minutes
Your insulin and glucose levels increase, causing the sugar to convert to fat in your liver.
In about 40 minutes
– Your body absorbs the caffeine in the drink in just under 40 minutes.
– Your liver begins to produce even more sugar in your blood and the blood flow increases.
– Your brain will block your hormone receptors of adenosine and you will not feel fatigued easily.
By 45 minutes
– You will secrete increased dopamine.
– The feeling you get from this dopamine increase is similar to an addiction in heroin.
In 60 minutes
– You have increased digestion due to the zinc, calcium, magnesium and phosphoric acid present.
– The large quantity of sugar and artificial sweeteners raises the calcium that is excreted from the body through urine.
Just after 60 minutes
The diuretic action of the caffeine in the drink will increase the excretion through urination of zinc, magnesium and calcium, minerals which are all useful for your bone development.
After one hour
At this period you are full of energy as your sugar level rises and this can lead to sudden mood changes and erratic behaviour.
Carbonated drink increases the loss of water and vital minerals from the body due to its diuretic properties.
Frequent drinking of this beverage can increase your risk of coming down with type II diabetes.
Source: New Remedies