If you have oily skin then you have a battle on your hands as the accumulation of excess oil on your outer skin will always almost result in the formation of blackheads, whiteheads, blind pimples as well as other skin irritations and issues.
However, if you have oily skin then your skin is more likely to age better with fewer wrinkles than people with normal or dry skin.
Your skin’s sebaceous glands produce more sebum because of the excess oil, if you have oily skin you are more likely to have large skin pores and shiny skin.
Your oily skin could be due to the following factors:
- Hormonal changes
- Dietary choices
- Certain medications like birth control pills
By avoiding some foods like processed and refined foods you will go a long way to preventing breakouts and acne.
It is normal for people to develop insecurities as a result of acne breakouts on the face and they usually resort to the use of commercial beauty and skin care products which also come with harmful side effects and could be meant for a different skin type to yours.
There are natural homemade skin care products you can make use of today that are both effective in controlling and managing breakouts as well as being safe and cost effective as the ingredients are readily obtainable in the open market or local store.
Here are some DIY homemade skin care recipes you can try out today!
Face Wash (Foaming) For All Skin Types
- Castile soap – a third of a cup
- Natural coconut oil – half a teaspoon
- Essential oil (lavender) – 10 to 15 drops
- Distilled or filtered water – two-thirds of a cup
- Incorporate all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix thoroughly to achieve a homogeneous mix.
- Next, pour the mixture into an empty container like a soap dispenser.
Homemade Face Wash Meant For Oily Or Acne Prone Skin
- Tea tree oil – 10 drops
- Apple cider vinegar (ACV) – a quarter cup
- Natural organic honey – half a cup
- You need to mix all the ingredients thoroughly in a small bowl and then pour the mixture into an empty soap dispenser.
To use it just massage onto your face a little quantity using the tip of your fingers, then after a while use a moist cotton ball to wipe it off and later you need to wash your face with lukewarm water.
Homemade Face Cleanser Meant For Dry Skin Type
- Castile soap (mild) – a cup
- Almond oil – a tablespoon
- Distilled water – a cup
- Fragrance (Jasmine) – 20 drops
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and get a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour out this mixture in your soap dispenser.
DIY Face Gel Meant For Oily And Dry Skin
- Sweet almond oil – one or two teaspoons
- Essential oil of your choice – just a couple of drops (optional)
- Aloe vera gel – a quarter cup
- Just like all other recipes, mix the ingredients in a small bowl then pour out the mixture into a soap dispenser for use. However, if you have oily skin you can change the almond oil and instead use liquid castile soap (mild).
Normal Homemade Face Wash
- Essential oil – 10 drops
- Oil of your choice – one to two tablespoons
- Liquid castile soap – half a cup
- Mix the ingredients in a small bowl and achieve a homogeneous mixture.
- Next, you pour this mixture in an empty soap dispenser.
- If your skin type is oily, you can replace the oil with aloe vera gel.
- If you want to get an effective natural skin exfoliating recipe then you can add coffee grounds to the mixture.
These recipes are cost effective, easy to make and use. Above all, they are safe for use and leave no known side effects.
Source: My Healthy Book