Cleansing your facial skin is very important if you deserve to have a smooth, bright and radiant looking skin.
You can go for all those commercial facial cleansers that are in the market today, but you may be spending too much of your hard earned money for very little benefit.
Using a DIY natural homemade facial cleanser would be ideal for you, for the following reasons.
- You will save loads of money.
- You can do at home and at your convenience.
- A lot of these commercial facial cleansers have side effects that can be harsh to your skin.
- It requires easy to obtain and simple ingredients including baking soda and coconut oil.
- This homemade facial cleanser has no side effects and it is soothing to your facial skin.
The Baking Soda And Coconut Oil Facial Cleanser
You can derive a very effective facial cleanser when you combine baking soda and coconut oil.
This combination is safe for use and is ideal for all skin types. It will help you to get rid of skin conditions such as pimples, acne and blemishes by removing excess oil and dirt clogged deep in your skin pores. It will also help to exfoliate dead skin cells while moisturising the skin to prevent dryness and scaling of the skin.
This moisturising property is brought about by the coconut oil which also has excellent antimicrobial properties to rid your face of the bacteria that causes acne.
Sodium bicarbonate or baking soda is alkaline in nature and because of this it will help your facial skins pH level to be in check while fighting acne.
Here’s how to make this amazing homemade facial cleanser.
- You should use a coconut oil to baking soda ratio of 2 to 1 if you have sensitive skin.
- However if your intention is to use this recipe for exfoliating, then use a ratio of 1 to 1.
Preparation And Use
- Get a small bowl and put 2 tablespoons of sodium bicarbonate in it.
- Pour some coconut oil in the baking soda and stir until you have a smooth paste.
- Make sure you do not add too much coconut oil so that the paste is not watery but thick.
- Ensure that you have rinsed your face with lukewarm water.
- Apply the paste to your face and leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes, you will notice that the paste will harden to form a mask.
- After about 20 minutes wash off the facial mask with lukewarm water.
You should repeat this homemade facial cleansing treatment for seven days and within that time you will notice significant improvements in your facial skin as it will be free from acne, black heads and blemishes.
Video source:Katie Griffin