Okra is a plant that originates from North-East Africa and it is popularly called “lady’s finger” .
It can also be found in tropical and warm temperate areas of the world and it is cultivated for its possible or fibrous fruits.
Okra is a very nutritious plant with 3 grams of dietary fiber, 2 grams of protein, 80 micrograms of folate, 7.6 grams carbohydrates, 0.1 grams of fat, 60 milligrams of magnesium, 30 calories and 21 milligrams of vitamin C.
You can eat this highly nutritious veggie boiled, fried, in pickled form or stewed.
The Health Benefits Of Okra
– It is ideal for diabetics
– It helps to provide relief from asthma symptoms
– It will lower the amount of glucose absorbed from food
– It can prevent kidney disease
– It strengthens the immune system
– It will lower cholesterol levels
Use this simple okra recipe today and reap the tremendous health benefits of this wonderful vegetable.
– Fresh okra – 2
– Clean water – 1 glass
– Chop off the top and bottom of the okra.
– Put two pieces of okra in a glass of clean water.
– Leave the okra in the water overnight to steep.
– Drink the entire glass of okra water in the morning on an empty stomach and at least 30 minutes before breakfast.
Source: Healthy Food Advice