There is almost nothing like turmeric when it comes to health benefits. It has been part of Indian and Chinese medicine for centuries because of its anti-inflammatory benefits. It has been used for treating so many conditions. People have been using turmeric for treating so many conditions. Just some of them include:
– Menstrual difficulties
– Bloody urine
– Chest pain
Turmeric gets its bright yellow hue from curcumin, and it is considered to be the active healing ingredient in it. The anti-inflammatory benefits of turmeric are so great that the herb has been compared to the most effective over the counter medicines like Motrin. What is even better is that you will not have to worry about any side effects, as in the case of so many pharmaceuticals.
Anti-Inflammatory Benefits of Turmeric
– These anti-inflammatory benefits of turmeric have also been used for treating various inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) like ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s.
– These properties are also found to help in giving relief from the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
– It has also been found to be helpful to those suffering from cystic fibrosis.
– It helps in preventing cancer. If you already have cancer, turmeric helps in inhibiting both metastasis and cancer cell growth. Metastasis refers to the spread of cancer.
– You should also consume turmeric for its cardiovascular and liver benefits. It is great for lowering bad cholesterol levels and minimizing the risks of problems like heart disease and stroke.
– In fact, it can also be helpful in protecting you from Alzheimer’s disease.
How to use Turmeric?
So how can you use turmeric? Use the following tips:
1. Tie-dyeing without Chemicals
– Take a pot and fill it 3/4th with water.
– Add 5 tablespoons of turmeric in it.
– Put it on heat and bring it to a boil. Allow it to simmer.
– Take the fabric and wet it and put into pot. Let it simmer for up to 60 minutes (the longer the stronger will be the color).
– Take it out and dry it.
2. Natural Face Mask for Acne, Rosacea, and Dark Circles
– Turmeric – 1 teaspoon
– Raw honey – 1 teaspoon
– Water – 1 teaspoon
Mix all these ingredients and alter them to create a paste that can easily stick onto your face.
Apply this natural face mask and your dry skin will become clean. Leave it for 3 minutes before rinsing off.
3. As An Antacid
If you are suffering from heartburn, you can prepare healing tea using turmeric. Mix the following ingredients and your healing tea is ready:
– Turmeric – 1 teaspoon
– Boiling water – 4 cups
4. Natural Pain Killer
5. As a Natural Food Color When Baking
Stop using the Yellow #5 color. Turmeric is your natural food color, and add just a little.
6. As a Teeth Whitener
Yes, you can also whiten your teeth (not yellow), using turmeric. You will need the following ingredients:
– Softened coconut oil – 3 tbsp
– Baking soda – 2 tsp
– Turmeric – 1 tsp
Mix all these ingredients to make a paste. Keep mixing to get a creamy paste that can be used for brushing your teeth using a dry toothbrush.
7. Get Glowing Skin
Mix the following ingredients and apply it on your face. Let it remain for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing off:
– Turmeric – 1/3 teaspoon
– Lemon juice – 1/2 teaspoon
– Egg white (whisked) – 1
You will get naturally glowing skin.
8. Make Natural Putty Colors for Kids
You can use turmeric for yellow and beets for red colored putty by mixing with cream of tartar, flour, oil, salt and water. There are many other natural color sources for making natural and safe putty colors for your children.
9. For Making Foundation
You can add the right amount of turmeric to your tinted moisturizer so that it matches your skin tone.
10. Making Soap Color
Turmeric can help add color to your soap while also offering so many skin-friendly benefits.
11. As an Anti-Dandruff Salve
You can make anti-dandruff salve by mixing coconut oil land turmeric. Massage the mixture onto your scalp and leave for 15 minutes before rinsing off. You scalp will become clean and free from dandruff.
12. Get Relief from Joints Pain
– Mix turmeric and Himalayan salt in 2:1 ratio and add water so that the mixture is spreadable.
– Spread this mixture on the area where you have pain.
– Leave it for 20-60 minutes daily.
It is going to help in reducing swelling and pain. Don’t worry about the temporary yellow color.
13. Prepare Longevity Tea
You can enjoy all the health benefits of turmeric by drinking this tea. You can prepare your tea with the same recipe mentioned above for getting antacid relief. You can add honey and/or ginger to add taste.
14. Turmeric in Your Dishes
Yes, you can also add turmeric as such to your dishes. It can help in giving color to the curries. It can also be added to popcorn or eggs for all its health benefits. You can add turmeric to all your dishes.
15. Baking Cake
Turmeric can also be added to your cake, for its color and health benefits.
16. Giving Relief from Stomach Aches
People have been using turmeric for centuries to get relief from aching bellies.
17. As a Disinfectant for Small Cuts & Wounds
If you have minor cuts and wounds, wash them and then sprinkle turmeric over them. Then you can apply the bandage.
18. Get Relief from Sunburn
Mix turmeric and aloe vera gel. The mixture can help you get relief from burnt skin pain.
Source: Family Life Goals