When you think of cinnamon, you think of a spice that has a very pleasant aroma and can be used to add flavor to your favorite beverages. Cinnamon has many health benefits, for one it has potent antioxidants which are capable of combating free radicals that are responsible for a myriad of health concerns including even cancer. It is also useful in helping you shed that excess body weight, regardless of whether you exercise or not, or whether you pick up a new dietary regimen or not.
You can make cinnamon tea which is known to be effective in helping you shed excess weight. The tea is easy to prepare and can be made in the comfort of your home. Your rate of metabolism is sped up and this helps you to burn out food and fats quicker. Cinnamon will also regulate your blood sugar level to ensure that you do not experience a rise in your insulin level due to an increase in your blood glucose level.
A single cup of cinnamon tea is believed to have just 2 calories, this in comparison to your regular soda which contains about 126 calories, makes drinking cinnamon tea a preferred choice for anyone wishing to lose weight.
Here’s what you need to prepare a homemade cinnamon tea recipe.
- Pure honey – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon – powder: 5 teaspoons or cinnamon stick: 1
- Clean drinking water – 1 liter
Preparation And Use
- You first need to boil the water, next add your single cinnamon stick or the 5 teaspoons of cinnamon powder to the boiling water and cover the saucepan.
- Let the cinnamon boil at medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Leave the cinnamon tea to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes after boiling.
- Add your pure honey and stir.
- Consume three cups of this cinnamon tea recipe daily. Preferably before breakfast and lunch in the morning and afternoon, and after dinner but before bedtime at night.
Other Benefits Of Cinnamon Tea
- It helps to detoxify your intestinal tract.
- It regulates your cholesterol and blood glucose levels.
- It regulates abdominal fat by getting rid of it and preventing it from reoccurring.
Note of warning: It is not recommended that pregnant or lactating women drink cinnamon tea, also if you have a history of ulcer, then it is advisable that you abstain from consuming this tea.
Source: Healthy Life Idea