When you think of moringa what comes to mind is its high source of minerals and vitamins such as:
- Vitamin C
The beauty of this plant is that every part of it can be used to extract it’s vital nutrients.
Moringa leaves, bark, roots and flowers are even used by cosmetic and beauty products manufacturers to produce skin lotions and perfumes.
Moringa is rich in anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, it is also rich in antioxidants. All these properties make moringa very effective in the treatment of cardiovascular, digestive and the nervous system related ailments. It also stimulates the body’s immune system and helps it combat infections better.
The Health Benefits Of Moringa
- Moringa is rich in potent antibiotics that help in combating the bacteria responsible for gastrointestinal tract issues such as ulcers, gastritis and even gastric cancer problems.
- The rich fiber content of moringa makes it effective in the treatment of indigestion and constipation.
- It is estimated that moringa leaves contain the following nutrients in very high amounts;
- Vitamins A and C, potassium,
- Calcium, iron, amino acids and
- Moringa seeds are known to naturally purify drinking water and make it safe for consumption.
- Moringa leaves contain chlorogenic acid. This compound can help the body’s cells to absorb glucose at a slow rate.
- People with an over active thyroid would be glad to know that moringa has compounds that can help to regulate the functions of their thyroid gland.
- Moringa is rich in niaziminin which has very potent anti-cancer and anti-tumor properties. It can help combat cancers and tumors effectively because of this compound.
Using moringa daily will greatly help to improve your health. Your immune system will be boosted and you will be in a better position to fight off infections.
Research into the amazing health benefits of moringa is still ongoing and researchers are constantly surprised by the sheer number of ailments that this tree can help to fight.