Lemon is an extremely beneficial citrus fruit that is rich in minerals, such as; copper, magnesium and potassium, as well as antioxidants and vitamins C, which will help you fight free radicals whilst boosting your immune system, metabolism and energy levels. A very common recipe is a solution involving the use of lemon and water, this simple mixture when consumed in the morning can help keep you alert and energetic all through the day. You will also be able to combat coming cold and flu symptoms, as well as resolve digestive issues like indigestion and constipation.
The Right And Wrong Way Of Extracting Lemon Juice
Most people would just peel their lemon, cut it in half and squeeze it’s juice into a glass of water, stir, drink and they are good to go! However, not too many people realise that the lemon peel actually contains a high percentage of the nutrients of the lemon. So rather than throw the peel away, you can maximise the use of your lemon by trying out this simple homemade recipe today.
- Make sure you make use of only organic lemons, because inorganic or GMO lemons usually have carcinogenic pesticides on their peels which are virtually impossible to wash off and can be harmful to your health.
- Cut your lemon and squeeze some juice into a glass cup.
- Put your slices of lemon in a blender and add either cold or hot water to it, then blend away!
- Blend till you get a smooth mixture and your lemon water drink is ready for consumption.
Benefits Of The Lemon Water Drink
- It’s great for combating indigestion, constipation and bloating problems.
- It raises your rate of metabolism and helps combat water retention and edema.
- It boosts your energy levels.
- It stimulates your immune system.
Image Source: squarespace.com