You and your kids may love ice cream but this treat can be detrimental to your health as most ice creams are loaded with sugar which can raise your blood sugar level and can even be responsible for diabetes.
If you are a health conscious person then consuming this tasty treat should be done with caution.
Luckily there is a solution to your problem of giving your family an ice cream treat and maintaining their health, this solution is turmeric ice cream.
The best part of turmeric ice cream is that you can make it in the comfort of your home.
You may be wondering how this spice can be used in making ice cream and why turmeric.
Well turmeric has both antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help to keep you healthy.
Making a turmeric ice cream doesn’t even involves the use of an ice cream maker. You will however need other natural ingredients when making the ice cream in order to give it a pleasant and creamy taste.
The ingredients you will need include:
- Coconut milk
- Maple syrup
- Raw cashews
These ingredients will help give your homemade ice cream a nice taste and also make it creamy.
You should soak the raw cashews before you mix them with coconut milk to be get a really creamy texture for your ice cream.
Here’s How To Make The Turmeric Ice Cream
To make the turmeric ice cream you will need the following ingredients.
- Turmeric finely ground powder – two tablespoons
- Pecans – three pieces for blending and some other pieces to be used as toppings
- Coconut milk – fourteen ounces
- Maple syrup – a quarter cup
- Raw cashews – one cup
- Finely ground ginger powder – half a tablespoon
- Coconut yogurt – half a cup
- Cardamom – a quarter tablespoon
- Cinnamon – a single tablespoon
- Soak the raw cashews overnight.
- Put parchment paper on a loaf pan and dress the loaf pan with it.
- Put this pan in your deep freezer.
- Use a blender to blend all the ingredients including the previously soaked raw cashews.
- Blend the ingredients until you get a smooth mixture.
- Remove the pan from your deep freezer and then pour the mixture on it.
- You should then return the pan into the freezer for the mixture to freeze.
- The pan should be left in the freezer overnight.
In the morning your ice cream is ready, as toppings you can add the other pecans on it.
Enjoy this turmeric ice cream treat and be rest assured that you and your family are eating a healthy treat.
Source: Wise Mind Healthy Body