It is widely believed that most of the chemicals contained in your regular hair dyes can be linked to cancer.
Studies have shown that 87 out of every 100 female patients of breast cancer have made use of commercial hair dyes over an extensive period of time.
Even women with ovarian cancers have had their cancer linked to the use of these hair dyes.
Now while using natural hair dyes may not give the desired long lasting effect as commercial hair dyes do, they will at least not be detrimental to your health as they are not carcinogenic.
One natural hair dye that you could start to use today is coffee.
Coffee will help give your hair your desired colour and at the same time give it a rich and glossy look as it promotes hair growth.
Using Coffee To Dye Your Hair Is Easy
All you need to do is to prepare an espresso coffee which is a strong form of coffee. Make sure to use only organic coffee as the non-organic ones usually have harmful chemicals in them.
- Just mix about 2 teaspoons of organic coffee with about 2 cups of your regular natural conditioner as well as one cup of cold made coffee.
- Gently work this mixture into your hair from the roots to the ends of the hair.
- Leave the mixture in your hair for about 1 hour.
- You will have a natural change in the colour of your hair.
- The colour will be a rich chocolate colour and your hair would have been given a boost in nutrients.
To rinse your hair you will need to follow these instructions:
- Use a shampoo to first of all wash your hair.
- Allow the shampoo to stay on your hair for about 20 minutes.
- Apply apple cider vinegar to retain the colour of your hair.
- Wash your hair using lukewarm water.
- If you do not get your desired result, you can repeat the process until you achieve that hair colour that you require.
Source: Be Extra Healthy Now