The common cold and flu symptoms are on the rise these days with more people having cough, runny nose and phlegm. It is at this period when you need to boost your immune system to help you combat infections better. One way to do this is by trying out a three (3) ingredients natural recipe that will strengthen your immunity to enable you combat infections better. The ingredients in this recipe are ginger, pure honey, and lemon. These ingredients are effective on their own in treating common cold and flu, but when combined they can be even more effective.
Drink Lots Of Water
If you have common cold and flu symptoms, then drinking lots of water is essential to flushing out harmful toxins in your body, as well as getting rid of phlegm. With cold water, you can stimulate your metabolic rate and also improve your immunity while drinking warm water has the ability to stabilize your overall body temperature.
The three (3) ingredients for the remedy as mentioned earlier have their own individual health benefits and here they are.
Health Benefits Of Ginger
- It can help to combat headaches.
- It reduces nasal congestion.
- It also gets rid of phlegm.
- It boosts blood circulation that can free up excess mucus in the lungs.
- It is an excellent herb for treating fever and chills.
- Ginger is great for morning sickness issues.
- Ginger is also effective in treating sufferers of asthma.
Health Benefits Of Honey
- Honey is effective in the treatment of hay fever.
- It has excellent antimicrobial properties and it is, therefore, effective in the treatment of wounds and even recurring ulcers.
- Honey can help to stimulate your immune system as it has a probiotic bacteria known as Lactobacillus kunkeei that helps to boost immunity.
- Honey will relieve you of excessive mucus buildup and phlegm.
- It will relieve you of a sore throat and persistent cough.
Make sure you consume pure natural honey and not the refined one. As the probiotic bacteria in the former will help to destroy harmful bacteria in your body and effectively keep you healthy.
Health Benefits Of Lemon
- The potassium and vitamin C in the lemon will boost your immune system.
- It is rich in antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that will help to flush out the excess mucus buildup in your lungs.
- It is effective against phlegm in your throat.
- Lemon will help regulate your blood pressure.
- It will stimulate your nerve function.
- Lemon will regulate your body’s pH level.
- It will prevent adrenal fatigue and also dehydration. With your adrenal system properly hydrated, your hormones will be regulated and your stress levels will be reduced.
The Amazing Three (3) Ingredients Recipe
With this recipe, you will be able to have between 2 and 3 servings. The recipe should take only 15 minutes to prepare, here’s what you need to make it.
- Pure natural honey – 100 grams
- Clean drinking water – 100 ml
- Organic lemon juice (freshly squeezed) – 4 tablespoons
- Ginger root (ground) – 1 inch
Preparation And Use
- You should first mix water with the ground ginger.
- Put the mixture in a saucepan and boil for about 10 minutes.
- Let the mixture sit for a few minutes to cool after boiling, then add your pure honey, as well as organic lemon and refrigerate the recipe all through the night.
- This recipe can be used within seven days.
- You should drink between 30 to 40 ml of this recipe early in the morning before breakfast and on an empty stomach.
- The recipe will stimulate your immune system for upwards of 40 days, you should, however, stop taking the recipe after 40 days for a break period of two weeks. Continue with the recipe after the two-week break and consume it for another 40 days.
Steaming also helps to relieve you of excessive mucus buildup and phlegm issues. All you need to do is put the mixture in a pot and boil, then crouch over the boiled mixture with a towel over your head to trap the steam, then inhale the steam and you will be relieved in no time at all.
Source: The Hearty Soul