In 2013 an estimated 1.17 million Americans were registered as having colorectal cancer in the United States as reported by the National Cancer Institute.
Colorectal cancer is presumed to be hard to treat, there is however a natural way to treat this ailment and this remedy is a tropical fruit known simply as Jackfruit.
How Does The Jackfruit Help On Preventing Colon Cancer?
The Jackfruit has very potent anti-carcinogenic compounds that includes the following;
These compounds help to eliminate free radicals that can promote the formation of cancerous cells and tumors.
What Are These Anti-carcinogenic Compounds?
- Isoflavones and Lignans
They can prevent endometrial cancer. In 2006 a study was conducted on 500 test subjects comprising of women that were separated into groups. One group was given high levels of isoflavones and lignans that were derived from jackfruit and this resulted in the remission of their cancer and a drop in their risk of cancer as compared to a placebo group, findings were published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute.
These are compounds found in plants they help in curving cancers at its early stage.
They are anti-carcinogenic compounds found in the jackfruit and can curb colon cancer. These compounds act on the outer cancerous cells by stopping them from further growth and development.
Benefits Of Jackfruit
- It Can Protect Cellular DNA
The antioxidants in jackfruit help to protect the body’s cellular DNA from the dangers caused to it by free radicals.
- It Will Boost The Immune System
Jackfruit is rich in vitamin C which helps to boost the immune system and helps the body to naturally fight off infections.
- It Helps The Digestive System
Jackfruit will help to ease digestive system problems like indigestion and constipation because of it rich dietary fiber content. It will also reduce your risk of developing colorectal cancer.
Nutritional Facts Of Jackfruit
- Jackfruit has very low quantities of saturated fats, cholesterol and sodium.
- Just one cup of jackfruit contains about 155 calories and only 4 calories of this is obtained from fat.
- Your daily fiber requirement is boosted by an extra 11% with from a single cup of jackfruit.
- Jackfruit consists of simple sugars which can be very beneficial to your wellbeing.
- It is rich in selenium, zinc, copper, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron and manganese.
- It also has high levels of folate, niacin, thiamine, riboflavin, vitamin A and C.
Source: Home Healthy Recipes