One very old Ayuverdic oral health practice is oil pulling, also known as gundusha and kavala. All that is required to execute this oral health procedure is one tablespoon of a carrier oil, this oil is put in your mouth and then you swish it for a period of between 15 and 20 minutes. It is advisable that this procedure is done early in the morning in an empty stomach. When you carry out this process, you will greatly improve your oral health by getting rid of mouth odour, plaque buildup, stain teeth and food particles. Your general health will also be significantly boosted as the procedure helps to rid your mouth of harmful toxins that ordinarily would have been ingested.
It is believed that when you engage in oil pulling you can help to combat medical conditions such as; headaches, hormonal imbalances, arthritis, skin problems and asthma. When you swish the oil in your mouth, you help to detoxify your gums, tongue and teeth. You will get rid of harmful bacteria and also make your teeth to be bright white, even if stained by tobacco cigarette smoking.
Using The Right Oil!
You should use coconut oil for oil pulling. This oil is believed to be the most effective for use in oil pulling as it is healthy.
Coconut oil is highly recommended for oil pulling for the following reasons:
- It will help to prevent cavities.
- It will combat gum disease and get rid of bacteria in your mouth.
- It destroys plaque buildup.
- It will keep your teeth bright white.
- It will curb mouth odour.
Oil Pulling Is Easy!
- Once you wake up in the morning and before breakfast, take a tablespoon of solid coconut oil and put this in your mouth.
- Allow the coconut oil to melt in your mouth and swish it round the inside of your mouth.
- Keep swishing for between 15 and 20 minutes before spitting the oil out.
- If you experience gum infections and other serious oral health issues, then you can also carry out oil pulling before lunch time and dinner.
- By keeping the coconut oil in your mouth for about 20 minutes, you would have given the oil sufficient time to completely destroy the bacteria in your mouth.
- A note of warning, try to avoid swallowing the oil, make sure you spit it out after 20 minutes, to avoid swallowing the toxins and bacteria in your mouth.
Once you spit out you can then use warn water to rinse your mouth and you can brush your teeth as you would normally do as well.
The following video will show you the oil pulling technique:
Source: Bare Natural Truth