There are several ways by which you can get rid of blood sucking ticks.
Some people use oil, others soap while many use tweezers to take out ticks from their skin.
There are even those that say you should use acetone on your skin but this will be dangerous, so don’t try it!
To properly eliminate ticks you should try this effective method handed down by a country school teacher.
– Once you notice a tick on your skin, you should put some salt on it and cover with a soaked cotton ball.
– By doing this the tick will dislodge and emerge on its own for about 20 minutes.
– It is advised that you don’t dispose of it, rather place it in a box and gave it tested in a laboratory to know if it is a carrier if a contagious disease. This is because it is a well-known fact that one in ten ticks is a carrier of encephalitis.
If you love nature and you are an enthusiastic camper or hiker, then you can try this remedy to repel mosquitoes and ticks.
– Put about 25 grams of carnation into 200ml of boiling water, let it simmer for 15 minutes. Allow it to cool and then add 2 tablespoons of alcohol to the solution.
– Topically apply this solution to your skin before you leave your home, you can also apply this on the fur of your pet.
When you apply this tick repellent to your skin and even the fur of your household pets you can effectively repel these pests even if you spend a long time in the forest.
You can also dilute a few drops of carnation oil in a litre of water and apply it on your skin as mosquito do not like the smell of carnation.
Source: Be Young Be Green