The humble coconut is a known staple crop and provides nutrition to people around the world. Yet few people know that coconut oil can improve your beauty and overall health. Read on for some uses for coconut oil that will take 10 years off your appearance.
In many places, harsh climates make sensitive hands dry and rough. Proper hand care is necessary to repair dry, cracked, and damaged skin. Coconut oil hand cream makes hands softer, smoother, and resistant to the ravages of bad weather.
– Add 1 cup extra virgin coconut oil to blender
– Add vitamin E or essential oils for scent if desired
– Blend for 6-7 minutes on high speed
– Store in sealed container
Organic Shaving Cream, Free of Harsh Chemicals
Coconut oil is cheap, totally natural, smells wonderful, and has powerful antibacterial affects – all the benefits of salon-quality beauty products! Most commercially available shaving creams contain harsh chemicals that irritate sensitive areas like legs and underarms. Coconut oil will leave your skin shiny, hydrated, and healthy.
– Shave at the end of your shower, after warm water opens the hair follicles
– Rub a small amount of coconut oil directly on your legs
– Shave with a sharp razor
Overnight Skin Regimen
Get rid of those expensive skin creams with the complicated mystery ingredients and enormous price tags. Instead, try applying a thin layer of coconut oil to your face at bedtime. The oil will penetrate deeply into the skin, and with its antimicrobial properties, may help improve your appearance in addition to leaving your face smooth, clean, and youthful-looking.
– Wash your face
– Apply normal toner or facial serum
– Rub a small amount of coconut oil all over your face
All-Natural Liquid Hand Soap
Store-bought hand soaps are expensive and contain lots of chemicals. Making your own hand soap will save you money and is much healthier for your family than those heavily-processed commercial versions. Also, store-bought soap tends to dry out hands, leaving a harsh feeling. Homemade coconut oil hand soap moisturizes hands, making them feel fully clean and very soft.
– Grate two ounces (one-quarter cup) of bar soap; place in mixing bowl
– Top with 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
– Cover with 4 Cups boiling water, and stir until soap has dissolved
– Let mix come to room temperature and lightly whisk.
– Mix will thicken as it cools.
– Add 10-20 drops of essential oil if desired.
– Pour into a pump-topped container.
Who doesn’t have issues with cellulite, that unwanted, hard-to-get-rid-of extra fat? Empower yourself to look and feel better with homemade coconut oil cellulite cream. It is thought to work on cellulite by enhancing lymphatic circulation, removing toxins, increasing blood flow, and nourishing the skin.
– Use a natural brush for best results
– Brush extra virgin coconut oil onto the skin above the cellulite
– Stroke upwards on the affected area(s) for 10 minutes per day
Source: Healthy Life Tricks