This citrus fruit like many others like it is rich in minerals and vitamins such as calcium, folic acid, potassium, pectin, magnesium, bioflavonoids, phosphorus, vitamins A, B1, B6 and C.
These minerals and vitamins name lemons a truly natural superfood as its antimicrobial properties will help your body avoid fungal, bacteria and virus infection better by boosting your immune system.
Regular consumption of lemon juice is effective in building your immunity from common cold, flu, laryngitis and even regulating your blood pressure as well as cancer.
Lemon juice is also great for providing relief from joint pain and here’s a simple DIY home recipe you can try out today.
- First you need to remove the peel of two lemons, place the peel in a jar container.
- Fill this jar container will extra virgin olive oil.
- Seal the jar with its lid and leave this solution for a two week period.
- After the two weeks has elapsed the recipe is ready for use.
- Get a gauze and soak it in the olive oil, next you will need to topically apply this gauze to the region where you feel pain.
- Use a plastic bag and a wool scarf to wrap it
- You should use this treatment preferably in the evenings before bedtime, this is to allow the pain of the joints to go away overnight.
Source: Weekly Healthy Life