Everyday we increase the amount of harmful toxins in our bodies by the unhealthy diet we adopt.
The refined and processed foods we consume pit a strain on our liver as they have to work extra hard to eliminate the toxins which these foods bring to our bodies.
Even people with a conscious healthy dietary routine may still consume unhealthy foods without knowing it. If the veggies and fruits you eat are GMO and not organic then you could be filling your system with harmful pesticides.
It becomes necessary for us to help our liver to function properly and more effectively by consuming a detox elixir.
Benefits Of This Liver Detox Drink
- Cleansing your liver will help to get rid of any liver disease that is just taking root.
- By detoxifying your body and liver you can prevent ailments such as hepatitis.
- When you detoxify your liver you improve your overall health as harmful toxins that get into your bloodstream and damage other vital organs like your lungs, heart and kidneys are eliminated.
Cleansing your liver is not difficult as you can make use of a detox drink consisting of mint and you can make this drink at home.
Here’s how to make this mint detox drink
- Mint leaves – get a handful
- Orange juice – 1 cup
- Pure natural honey – 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice – 1 cup
- Lemon rind (grated)
- Purified water – 1 litre
Preparation And Use
- Get a saucepan and pour water in it.
- Leave this saucepan on a stove and add your mint leaves.
- Boil for about 5 minutes.
- Take the saucepan from the stove and let it sit for some minutes.
- Add your orange and lemon juice as well as the lemon rind.
- You can add your honey for flavour and taste.
- This detox drink can be taken either cold or hot.
- You should contact consume a glass of this detox drink early in the morning before breakfast and on an empty stomach.
Source: Be Extra Healthy Now