Apples or cider can be used to make vinegar, known as apple cider vinegar (ACV). When made the vinegar has a colour than can vary from a pale and then to an amber colour. ACV is produced by a fermentation process, where apple cider is fermented and passed through a series of production processes to raise its acetic constituent. What results is a liquid that has many health benefits, from hair and scalp treatment to the treatment of cut, abrasions and wounds. ACV is a very useful item to have in your home.
Here are 16 ways to use ACV
- ACV is useful in cleansing your skin and preventing pimples and acne breakouts. Just apply a tablespoon of ACV and mix with two tablespoons of water. Soak a cotton ball in the solution and apply to your face after washing and patting dry with a clean towel.
- ACV Helps with armpit odour control, just apply an ACV and water solution to your armpit using a cotton ball to swab it.
- ACV can get rid of warts, apply a cotton ball soaked in undiluted ACV to your warts and keep it firmly in place using a bandage. Leave this overnight and take it off by the next morning.
- ACV can be used to whiten your teeth by mixing a tablespoon with baking soda and gargling in your mouth or using a toothbrush to brush the surface of your teeth with it.
- ACV will help relieve you of a sore throat, just gargle an ACV and water solution and you will feel better.
- It takes care of sunburn, take a clean towel and soak it in an ACV and water solution, apply this towel to the affected area and you will get relief from the sunburn in no time.
- It gets rid of eczema, apply a cotton ball soaked in a water and ACV solution to your eczema and it will be gone quickly.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of ACV, 1 teaspoon of lemon and 1 teaspoon of baking soda to make an effective anti-wrinkle face mask.
- You can treat athletes’ foot by soaking your feet in a large bowl containing a water and ACV solution for about 10 minutes.
- You can stop in growing hair from constituting a problem by massaging a cotton ball soaked in an ACV and water solution on your skin.
- You can use ACV to prevent razor bumps, just use an ACV and water solution by soaking a cotton ball in the solution and applying it on your skin using circular movements.
- You can treat dandruff by rinsing your hair and scalp using an ACV and water solution. Leave it on your hair and scalp for a few minutes before rinsing off.
- ACV will help you to fight digestive issues like indigestion and constipation. Just consume a tablespoon of ACV mixed in a glass of water first thing in the morning before breakfast and on an empty stomach.
- ACV helps to prevent mouth odour, gargle an ACV and water solution every morning and you will have a fresh breath all day long.
- ACV helps to get rid of skin tags, just like warts, skin tags can be eliminated when you apply a cotton ball soaked in undiluted ACV on the skin tags and secured using a bandage overnight. Repeat this procedure until the skin tag dries up and falls off.
- ACV helps to get rid of blemishes and dark spots. You should apply a cotton ball soaked in an ACV and water solution to the dark spot and blemish daily until it fades off.
In the video below is shown how apple cider vinegar can be helpful in treating different conditions:
Sources and references: