Garlic is an essential ingredient of most cuisine from all across the world. Taste is the first reason why it is so popular. But more than taste, it is a highly powerful ingredient for healing so many types of ailments.
If you consume garlic raw, it can work as a wonderful and powerful medicine.
Garlic offers so many health benefits. It can help in decreasing your cholesterol and high blood pressure. It can also play a crucial role in preventing heart attack and heart disease.
A garlic bulb can be of great help with everyday health problems such as cold, hayfever, fungal infections, bug bites, and traveler’s diarrhea.
If you have symptoms of diabetes, osteoarthritis, or enlarged prostate, you can use garlic for managing these symptoms.
Another benefit is that it strengthens immunity. Garlic also boosts your body’s toxin removing capability. Mix it with ginger and onion and it can help with the detoxification from chemotherapy.
So How Can You Use Garlic?
You must know that the active ingredient in garlic (allicin) becomes decentralized when treated with heat. So it will be best to take your garlic in raw form. The best method will be to crush the clove and then slice it. Then leave for around before 15 minutes before you take it. Crushing the bulb has unique benefits. It will activate a kind of reaction which will increase the bioavailability of allicin.
Make sure that you eat it on empty stomach. If your stomach is overwhelmed with food, it will be difficult for it to process and absorb the nutrients in the food.
Benefits of Honey & Raw Garlic
Take 2 or 3 garlic cloves and chop them into small pieces. Then mix the chopped pieces with 1 tbsp honey. When you consume this mixture daily, you will start feeling more energetic and healthy.
Garlic Flu Tonic
Before you prepare this tonic, make sure you have worn gloves (especially if you have sensitive skin). Avoid rubbing your eyes when preparing this tonic. This is because its natural oils are capable of causing skin burn or rash.
The ingredients required for garlic flu tonic are:
– Yellow onion (roughly chopped) – 1/2
– Garlic cloves (roughly chopped) – 5
– Red chili peppers (roughly chopped) – 2
– Ginger (chopped) – 1 tbsp
– Apple cider vinegar (raw and unfiltered)
– Squeezed lemon juice – From 1 lemon
– Take a mason jar of capacity 350-500 ml and put the roughly chopped onion pieces in it
– Then add in the chopped garlic into it
– Then add the red chili peppers and seeds
– Add the chopped ginger carefully into this mixture
– Take a bowl and squeeze the juice from the lemon. Discard the lemon seeds and pour this juice.
– Then mix the apple cider vinegar into the jar, ensuring that 1 cm gap is left from the top
Then close the lid and put the jar in the pantry or on a counter. Then use the tonic remedy for a wide range of health problems including cold, flu and sore throat.
Source: My iLifestyle