Water is such an essential element that is required for our survival. Almost every organ in our body requires water for performing its functions. Most importantly, the entire digestion system is heavily reliant on water, as it aids the digestion process. It is recommended that atleast two to three litres of water is consumed on a daily basis, as it will help flush out harmful toxins and waste from our body. Such is the importance of water to our daily survival.
Now here is an even more powerful version of water – alkaline water. This is nothing but water with increased pH content. Water is generally neutral in nature, i.e. it is neither acidic nor alkaline. But by increasing the pH levels, the water becomes more alkaline or basic in nature. This drink will help alkalize your body.
So what are the benefits of alkaline water?
Our body tends to increasingly become acidic in nature, mainly due to our food habits and sedentary lifestyle. This in turn causes several problems, including stomach related ailments. In order to fight this acidic body, alkaline water can be consumed. It will restore normalcy to the body by fighting the effects of the acidic body. Here are some publications that provide the benefits of alkaline water.
Alkaline recipes: The top 3 simplest way to alkalize water is listed below:
1. With Lemon:
Here is a simple recipe using lemon which is easily available.
– Fill at pitcher with one and a half litres of water
– Cut a lemon into small pieces
– Drop the lemon pieces into the water. Note that the lemon is not to be squeezed so that its benefits can be retained.
– Now let them soak for ten hours.
2. With Baking Soda:
– Fill 8 ounces of water in a pitcher
– Add 1/8 of a teaspoon of baking soda to the water
– Stir until the soda dissolves completely
People with low sodium diet are recommended to avoid this, as baking soda is high in sodium.
3. With cucumber?
– Cut one organic lemon into cubes
– Slice half a cucumber in circles
– Fill a pitcher with one and a half litres of water
– Drop the lemon and cucumber into the water and let them soak overnight
Hope these drinks are fun.