Papaya leaves have been used over the years in the treatment of numerous ailments like dengue, malaria and typhoid fever. These leaves are very useful in the treatment of cancer because they contain phytonutrients which are very active antioxidants that can fight free radicals effectively while ensuring that your blood circulation is improved significantly. Two known active compounds in papaya leaves which also help with dealing with digestion issues include; phenolic and papain. These compounds help to combat indigestion, constipation, bloating and acid reflux.
Papaya leaves also has alkaloid compounds, such as; dehydrocarpine, pseudocarpaine and carpaine which are great for relieving patients from the harsh side effects of chemotherapy treatment.
Some Benefits Of Papaya Leaves
- It Will Give You An Energy Boost
When papaya leaves juice is consumed daily, you will be able to boost your energy levels and it is ideal for combating tiredness and chronic fatigue issues.
- It Aids The Production Of Blood Platelet
According to the Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine, papaya leaves help to boost the production of blood platelet which is necessary especially if you are ill and recovering from sickness.
- It Can Help To Boost Your Immune System
With papaya leaves juice, you will be able to boost your immune system and be in a better position to combat ailments, such as; malaria, typhoid, dengue fever and even cancer. This is because the juice is rich in acetogenin compound that helps to strengthen your immune system.
- It Helps Detoxify The Liver
Papaya leaves help to detoxify the liver and also combat several liver-related ailments, such as; jaundice, liver cirrhosis and even liver cancer.
- It Aids Proper Digestion
Papaya leaves juice consists of compounds such as; papain, amylase, protese and chymopapain which help to breakdown carbohydrates and protein from foods consumed. They also boost your probotic and help you to combat constipation, indigestion, diarrhoea, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and bloating.
- It Will Boost The Health Of Your Cardiovascular System
When you consume papaya leave juice frequently, you will ensure that your blood vessels are dilated and you will be able to regulate your blood pressure, thereby reducing your risk of stroke and heart attack.
- It Helps In Combating Inflammation
Papaya leaves juice will help you to combat conditions of inflammation of the joints, such as; rheumatism, gout and arthritis.
- It Will Regulate Your Blood Glucose Level
Papaya leaves juice will help to lower your blood glucose levels, which is particularly beneficial to patients with type II diabetes.
- It Helps To Regulate Your Menstrual Cycle
When you consume papaya leaves you will be able to combat the symptoms of PMS, your menstrual cycle will equally be better regulated and will be more consistent and predictable.
Preparation And Use Of Papaya Leaves Juice
- Wash some fresh papaya leaves and blend them in a juicer or blender.
- Add some water when blending and once you are through blending, pour the properly blended leaves in a glass jar and then refrigerate for a period of between 4 to 5 days.
- Another way to extract papaya leaves juice is to blend some leaves with a cup of water, then pour out the blended leaves on a cheesecloth and tighten this in order to extract the juice.
- You should consume half a glass of this juice daily, particularly in the morning before breakfast and on an empty stomach.
Making Papaya Leaves Tea
- Put about 10 papaya leaves of a medium-size in a pot containing 2 litres of clean water.
- Place this pot on a stove and boil the leaves until you have about 1 litre of water left in the pot.
- Take the pot down from the stove and strain the water, leave it to cool a bit at room temperature and then add pure natural honey to taste if you like.
- You can consume this tea fresh every morning.
Alternatively you can purchase papaya leaf extract, which can be obtained in capsule form.
Source: Your Healthy Page