When your infant is in some form of distress or need, the only way they can react to get your attention is by crying. If your infant is feeling ill, maybe they have a stomach ache, flu, constipation and even nasal congestion. It is perfectly normal for them to act out their frustrations by being restless and crying. While your pediatrician is a great person to take your baby to when you notice a problem with them, you can provide a temporary remedy, to soothe your infant and get them calm even before you take them to your doctor. You can carry out foot reflexology procedures which are very useful as it is strongly understood that certain pressure points on your infant’s feet are directly linked to parts of their body and this includes the brain and vital organs. By applying slight pressure to these points, you can provide relief to your baby to help get them calm and relaxed.
7 Foot Reflexology Procedures
- If your baby has a problem with their hips or abdominal region, you can help to provide relief by gently massaging their heels.
- Massage the ball of your infant’s feet to help provide relief from common cold, flu, and nasal congestion. When you massage this area, you will help to free up your baby’s lungs and they will breathe better and eventually sleep.
- If your baby has sinus related health issues, then you should know that the center of their toes is a pressure point that can provide relief to them if gently massaged. Massage this area to help your baby breath better, if they have a runny nose.
- By massaging the region below the ball of your baby’s feet, you will help them gain relief from abdominal pain and aches, which can cause spasms, a runny tummy and difficulty breathing.
- You can get rid of bloating and gas buildup in your baby by gently massaging the lower regions of the sole of their feet.
- To relieve you baby from indigestion, you can massage the center of the sole of their feet, this will relieve them of the discomfort felt and help them pass stool.
- You can relieve you baby from constipation by rubbing or gently massaging the center of the sole of their feet as well.
Remember these seven foot reflexology procedures is just to provide temporary relief to your infant. You are still required to take them to see their pediatrician for a proper medical check-up in order to know what exactly could be wrong with them and to administer the right sort of treatment.