This hot toddy recipe will help you treat colds, and fight bacterial infections and inflammation.
How to Prepare this Toddy Recipe for Cold?
– Add hot steaming water into a cup
– Mix 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
– Add 2 teaspoons of honey (preferably raw honey)
Dip an herbal tea bag into the cup (you can choose any flavor. Traditional Medicinals Gypsy Cold Care tea is recommended for colds)
When using Gypsy Cold Care tea, let it steep under cover for 10 to 15 minutes before you drink it.
– Sip on the recipe at a slow pace. Depending on the cold or flu, drink every 2 hours.
You can add a teaspoon of brandy/rum/cordial to your preference.
There are 3 main ways this hot toddy recipe will work on cold:
– The steam helps in loosening the mucus in the nose and throat, making it easier to breathe.
– Lemon provides vitamin C and also removes mucus on the throat.
– Honey helps in coating the throat for preventing redness. It will also soothe out irritation in the throat due to the removed mucus. Besides, there are nutritional benefits of honey.
– If you choose to add alcohol, it will help in ‘sweating’ out the fever. It will also help with your sleep.
It is not essential to add the tea to the hot toddy recipe for cold. It is meant mostly for flavor. Avoid regular tea because it is usually caffeinated. Traditional Medicinals’ Gypsy Cold Care is the best option for this recipe. Green tea is another great option.
Even before you start making this amazing hot toddy recipe for cold, I would recommend two natural antiviral remedies for cold/flu. FluGo and ImmunityPlus have undergone rigorous testing by our editors. We have found them to be highly effective in strengthening immunity, faster recovery from viral infections like cold/flu, preventing viral infections from appearing again.
I have been using both FluGo and ImmunityPlus natural antiviral flu and cold remedies for my family through the season of cold and flu. They have helped with their strong antiviral and immunity boosting actions.
We have conducted extensive research on the manufacturer that prepares these natural antiviral herbal and homeopathic formulas. Our findings show that their products are formulated through Full Spectrum Approach (FSA), procedures and standards that bring together:
– Laboratory testing
– High quality
– Raw and natural ingredients
– Best manufacturing practices
– Full Spectrum manufacturing techniques
All this helps guarantee that their products offer the highest in quality, effectiveness and safety.
All the formulas from Native Remedies (including the above-mentioned 2 natural antiviral remedies) are free from any kind of animal products, artificial colors, gluten, preservatives, and flavors. There have been no tests on animals. They come with 1-Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee. Each homeopathic ingredient has been listed within the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS).
Only whole-herb herbal extracts are used and in their pure form. This ensures best quality along with therapeutic benefits.
People have been drinking hot toddies for thousands of years, more so in Ireland and England. I have found that once I took 2-3 cups of the tea (within a gap of 2 hours), there is dramatic reduction in the symptoms of cold within 24 hours. Everyone should try it to get relief from their colds and flu.
Source: Healthy Holistic Living