According to the National Institute of Health (NIH), it is estimated that soreness and muscle pain affects more Americans than even cancer, diabetes and heart related ailments put together.
It is not uncommon for a person to experience one sort of pain or the other in their lifetime and usually these pain are caused by poor posturing, sitting too much, sleeping in an awkward position and even engaging in yoga.
You could also experience pain as a result of an infection or disease.
Here is a list of major causes of muscle pain:
- Lyme disease
- Muscle cramp
- Influenza (flu)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Sprains and strains
- Medications, like statins which are cholesterol medications
- Repetitive strain injuries
Basic Natural Foods That Help To Relieve You Of Pain;
It has anti-inflammatory properties that can relieve sufferers of arthritis. Its antimicrobial properties provide added relief to persons with stomach ache and colds. Coconut oil is also known to be effective in soothing bone and joint sores by boosting blood circulation to the painful region and effectively healing it.
This is a wonderful blood flow booster and also an effective pain reliever. Its active component is capsaicin and this compound is responsible for soothing lower back, muscle soreness and arthritis.
Turmeric And Ginger
These two herbs have very potent anti-inflammatory properties that is effective in the treatment of arthritis.
You can use ginger to soothe stomach pains, lower back aches and even chest pains.
On the other hand turmeric’s active compound is curcumin which has powerful anti-inflammatory properties. It is effective in soothing chronic pains and inflammation.
You can treat your muscle pains with a DIY homemade muscle rub remedy and here’s the recipe:
- Coconut oil – 1/2 cup
- Cayenne pepper – 2 tablespoons
- Ginger or turmeric powder – 2 tablespoons
- Lavender essential oil – 15 drops
- Peppermint essential oil – 15 drops
- Grated beeswax – 1/4 cup
Note: Get a glass jar as well.
- First put your coconut oil in a jar.
- Place a sauce pan filled with about 2 inches of water on a stove and heat.
- You can then place the glass jar in the sauce pan with heating water in order to melt the coconut oil.
- Next, put in your ginger, turmeric powder and cayenne pepper.
- Let the mixture cool at room temperature.
- Once cool, add your essential oils and stir very well.
- You can then keep the solution in storage containers for subsequent and future use.