One amazing herb that belongs to the Zingiberaceae group of plants consisting of galangal, cardamom and turmeric is rhizome or better known as ginger.
Ginger is actually a stem although most people do not know this and think it’s a root because it’s derived from underground.
This herb has been used as a culinary spice and even as tea, it has also been used in the treatment of several diseases for hundreds of years now and with success.
It is very rich in vitamins and minerals such as magnesium and vitamin C. Ginger is excellent in resolving digestive problems and also in boosting the immune system. It is effective in dealing with asthma, pain and in combating cardiovascular diseases.
Ginger is also rich in antioxidants which fight free radicals that can cause cancer in the body.
Ginger tea is very beneficial to your health and it is used in the treatment of numerous disease such as:
- Common cold, catarrh, cold sores, cough and flu.
- Sore muscles and headaches.
- It improves blood circulation and prevents the risk of stroke and heart attack.
Here’s a ginger tea recipe to help you fight off diseases
- Organic ginger (ground) – 1/4 teaspoon
- Pure natural honey – 1 tablespoon
- Organic turmeric (ground) – 1/4 teaspoon
- Filtered water – 1 cup
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- First of all boil the filtered water.
- In the boiling water add ginger and turmeric and allow it to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Next you need to add the coconut milk, mix well and then strain it into your mug and it’s ready for drinking.
Source: Healthy Body and Tips