When you gain weight excessively it could be as a result of hypothyroidism. This condition can be resolved with a juice which is natural and which can nourish your thyroid and fix the problem quickly.
Your thyroid hormones are very important as they help in the following:
- It metabolises carbs and fat.
- It regulates the respiratory system.
- It lowers cholesterol levels.
- It regulates the nervous system.
- It is great for the health of the heart.
- It regulates the body’s temperature.
- It promotes brain development.
- It regulates your menstrual cycle.
The thyroid gland has two main problems that affect it namely:
- Hypothyroidism – this is where the thyroid gland doesn’t produce sufficient thyroid hormone.
- Hyperthyroidism – this is when the thyroid is overactive.
Symptoms of hyperthyroidism include:
- Weight loss
- Heart palpitations
- High blood pressure
Symptoms of hypothyroidism include:
- Dry scaly skin
- Problem focusing
This is an amazing drink that can normalise your thyroid gland function.
- 2 glasses of water
- 1 cup of cranberry juice
- ¼ of a teaspoon of dry ginger
- Half a teaspoon of Ceylon cinnamon
- ¼ of a teaspoon of nutmeg
- ¾ of a tablespoon of freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ of a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Bring the water to a boil and add your spices and cranberry juice.
- Let the mixture simmer for a duration of 20 minutes after which let it cool at room temperature.
- Next, add your lemon and orange juice.
- You can drink this mixture throughout the entire day.
This drink works wonders and it’s because of the properties of the ingredients.
The cranberries are very rich in iodine and this mineral is great for boosting the production of hormones.
While the orange and lemon are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants that help for regulating the functions of the thyroid gland.
Ginger is rich in magnesium and helps to protect the thyroid gland from disease.
Cinnamon has very potent anti-inflammatory properties and it helps to reduce your risk of coming down with hypothyroidism problems.
You can improve your thyroid health by increasing your intake of vitamin B12, selenium and vitamin D.
You should go for a thorough examination to know the health of your thyroid gland and to get proper diagnosis.
Consume shellfish and fish often as they are high in iodine; you can also eat seaweed.
Eat less cruciferous veggies such as cauliflower and broccoli. These veggies have compounds that will inhibit your thyroid gland function.
Source: Healthy Body and Tips