Papaya is both a nutritional and delicious fruit but its leaves are also known to be effective in the treatment of several ailments.
Some ailments include dengue fever and even some forms of cancer. There are a lot of properties and active compounds in the papaya leaves that make it very effective in the treatment of several diseases as well as giving numerous health benefits.
These properties and active compounds include the following:
Phytonutrients help in stimulating blood flow and the supply of oxygen all through the body.
While chymopapain and papain help to boost your body’s digestion of protein and will also help to combat digestive tract related problems such as constipation, indigestion and bloating.
Papaya leaves are also rich in the alkaloid known as carpaine which has anticancer properties.
Health Benefits Of Papaya Leaves Juice
- Papaya Leaves Will Help To Curb Ailments
With regularly consumption of juice from papaya leaves you can boost your immune system as well as cure ailments such as malaria, dengue fever as well as some forms of cancer. This is because of an active compound known as acetogenin which is predominant in the juice.
- Papaya Leaves Juice Boosts Your Liver Function
By consuming papaya leaves juice regularly you will go a long way in boosting the functions of your liver and preventing ailments such as liver cirrhosis, jaundice and even liver cancer.
- Papaya Leaves Juice Help In Producing Blood Platelet
When you consume papaya leaves juice you enhance your platelet production. This is especially useful if you have lost large amounts of blood and your blood platelet level is low due to some severe health problems.
- You Will Enhance Your Energy Levels With Papaya Leaves Juice
You will enhance your energy levels when you consume papaya leaves juice and avoid chronic fatigue.
- Papaya Leaves Juice Will Soothe Joint Inflammation
Papaya leaves juice will help to ease joint inflammation because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Papaya Leaves Help To Boost Your Digestive System
Your digestive system can breakdown carbs, protein and fats when you consume papaya leaves juice because of its compounds and enzymes such as amylase and protease.
- It Is Good For PMS
You can get to ease symptoms of pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS) as well as stabilise your menstrual cycle.
- Papaya Leaves Juice Will Regulate Your Blood Sugar Levels
Papaya leaves juice will help to regulate your blood sugar levels and it’s great for patients with fatty liver disease and type II diabetes.
- Papaya Leaves Helps To Prevent Cardiovascular Problems
Papaya leaves juice is high in antioxidants that help to enhance your immune system. It also boosts your cardiovascular condition by helping to dilate your blood vessels.
Making Papaya Leaves Juice At Home
- Just blend some papaya leaves in a blender and you can store up the juice in a glass jar and refrigerate for up to five days.
- If you prefer you can consume this juice with other fruit juice to help ease the bitter taste of the papaya leaves juice.
How To Make Leaves Tea
- To make this tea all you need to do is place about 10 papaya leaves of medium size in a pan containing about 2 litres of clean water.
- Place this pan on a stove and boil the leaves.
- When the water has evaporated to about half way, you can take the pan from the stove and strain the water leaving it to cool at room temperature before you consume. Add some pure honey if you like.
You can also consume papaya leaves extract which come in a capsule or tincture form.
However, ensure that you consume supplements made from organic fruits only.
Source: Weekly Healthy Life