According to legend this plant is to “blame” for Cleopatra’s healthy and shiny skin. She used it for rejuvenation.
According to another legend, Aloe Vera is the cause for the battle of Alexander of Macedonia in Issus. At that time, Aloe Vera has been used for treating soldiers’ wounds. Because of these reasons Alexander had to come to more of this plant.
Aloe Vera in its composition contains about 200 beneficial substances, including:
– Vitamins (beta carotene, B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, B12, and antioxidants C, E);
– Minerals and trace elements (phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, sodium, iron, copper, chlorine, manganese, chromium, zinc);
– Mono and polysaccharides, cellulose, glucose, mannose, aldonentoza, allinase, rhamnose, acemannan;
– Sugar: mucopolysaccharides which act on the immune system and help detoxification;
– Out of 8 essential amino acids it contains 7 and out of 14 non-essential amino acids it contains 11;
– Enzymes, analgesic antiphlogistic, immunostimulant;
– Plant sterols: three types that act as powerful anti-inflammatory agents;
– Saponins, which have powerful antimicrobial effects against bacteria, viruses, fungi and inflammatory diseases such as Candida.
Aloe Vera is entered through the digestive tract, which improves the process of digestion. This will also improve absorption of nutritional substances, vitamins and minerals. Affects all cells of the body, strengthens the immune system. With its consumption, this plant compensates the lack of vitamins in the body.
Besides oral administration, it may be used for treating wounds, but it can be used in medicine after surgery.
Do not expect foe the change to happen at once. Aloe shows its benefits gradually. It helps for maintaining healthy and shiny skin, relieves pain and increases the production of collagen. It is used to treat hemorrhoids, dermatitis, redness, irritation, psoriasis, inflammation of the eyes, and for “ironing” wrinkles. It protects the body from cancer, tumors, AIDS, reduces blood sugar, reduces inflammatory processes and colitis, arthritis and gastritis.
Aloe Vera gel acts as an antioxidant and it possesses detoxification properties. It is recommended for maintaining your teeth and oral cavity healthy. Aloe Vera juice is considered to be one of the best purifiers of the body and internal organs, such as stomach, liver, spleen, kidneys and bladder.
In everyday diet
You can notice products containing Aloe Vera all around you. Many manufacturers use this product to attract more customers and to make a quick profit. These products contain a fraction of processed Aloe Vera, which is sweetened with sugar. The real juice that is containing 100% Aloe Vera has a bitter taste, it is tough to drink and you can rarely find it in stores.
How Aloe Vera juice is prepared?
Take an Aloe Vera leaf, cut it in half and drain its fluid over a bowl. After that you can immediately apply the juice onto the wound. If you want to drink it you firstly need to add a little water or mix it with freshly squeezed juice and drink it right away. Such Aloe Vera juice quickly loses its effect.