Having a stuff and congested nose can be quite discomforting and often leaves a person restless and in some cases disorientated. Allergies, the flu and common cold are causative factors for congested sinuses. There are conventional remedies which you can readily obtain off-the-counter from your local pharmacy but they come with adverse side effects.
Now you can get instant relief from blocked sinuses and breath using your fingers just by touching your pressure points in a method known as acupressure.
Here is how to go about it:
Press Between Your Eyebrows And Use Your Tongue
– To clear your sinuses you should push your tongue against the roof of your mouth and at the same time apply pressure to the pressure point between your eyebrows with a finger.
– Keep this posture for a minimum of 20 seconds, you will immediately start to get some relief.
– As soon as you loosen your tongue and lessen your fingers pressure you will feel some movement to the back of your throat as the mucus accumulation softens.
– You can also alternate between pressing the point between your eyebrows known as the Yintang acupoint which is where the nasion is situated and pressing your tongue against the roof of your mouth.
Try And Apply Pressure Across Your Eyebrows
– You should try this method to clear your nose and upper sinuses especially if you have a feeling that your congested sinuses is moving higher up into your head.
– You can stimulate the movement of build-up fluid and mucus by moving your fingertips across your eyebrows.
– First you put your fingers at the beginning of each of your eyebrows which is close to the center point where they don’t meet.
– You then lean forward to enable your head to rest on your elbows.
– After some seconds as you feel the pressure shift, you then slide your fingers to the middle of each of your eyebrows.
– Keep the posture until you notice a slight lightness once you do, move your fingers to the end of each eyebrow.
– You can hold a steady pressure or you can move your fingertips in a circular motion to help stimulate the mucus to flow from your forehead.
– As soon as the fluid flows out the pressure to your forehead will cease and you will feel relieved.
Try Out A Mini-Massage For A Second
– Push your fingertips firmly on your collarbone in order to stimulate a downward flow of fluid.
– When you have an involuntary desire to clear your throat then the procedure is working.
– As pressure releases your ears might also open up.
– You can also try a different method if this one is causing you some discomfort. All you do is cross your hands to make a “V” shape then you proceed with an upward and downward massage of the sides of your neck in order to stimulate the release of the lymph fluid.
– By doing this you will create a suction like reaction in the lymphatic system which will result in the sucking downwards of the fluid in your sinuses and away from your head.
You should always keep your sinuses moving by applying pressure to the pressure points highlighted in order to stimulate fluid flow in your otherwise blocked sinuses.
Source: Fit Body Center