If you want to treat asthma, diabetes, lower your cholesterol count and detoxify your kidneys, then you might want to consider a recipe involving the use of a veggie known as Lady Fingers or otherwise popularly called Okra.
Important Facts About Okra
A single cup of Okra contains:
- 30 calories
- 2 grams of protein
- 3 grams of fiber
- 21 milligrams of vitamin C
- 0.1 fat
- 7.6 grams of carbohydrates
- 80 milligrams of folate
- 60 milligrams of magnesium
- Okra remains a healthy meal all year round.
- You can eat it fried, stewed, boiled, raw or pickled.
Health Benefits Of Okra
- It will boost the immune system.
- It can relieve asthma symptoms.
- It helps to reduce bad cholesterol (LDL).
- It is effective in combating diabetes.
- It helps to detoxify the kidneys and rid it of harmful toxins.
- It helps improve the digestive system.
This is an Okra recipe for lowering your blood sugar level.
- Fresh Okra – 4 pieces
- Clean drinking water – 2 to 3 cups
Preparation And Administration
- Get four fresh okra and chop off their tail and head.
- Put the Okra in a bowl of 2 to 3 cups of water, allow the Okra to sit overnight.
- You should strain the water in the morning and drink it before breakfast and on an empty stomach.
- It will help to curb food cravings during the day and when you do not eat excessively your blood sugar doesn’t spike.