Okra is mainly used in soups as thickening agent due to its gooey-gooey texture.
What we learnt recently is that it is rich in minerals, vitamins, and other nutrients. These provide a range of health benefits such as treatment of diabetes and prevention of kidney disease.
Because of this, okra is considered a nutrition hero. It is also very available and this food can be beneficial for our health.
Whether you consume the okra stewed, fried, boiled or even if pickled, you can take advantage of the okra, the healthy little green vegetable. Below you can find a recipe for okra water.
Okra Water Recipe
1. With a knife cut each side of the pods of the okra.
2. Put the pods in a large jar and pour water in it.
3. Let the pods stay soaked into the water for at least 8 hours (or up to 24 hours).
4. Squeeze the pods into the water, so that any leftover sap to be released.
5. After you throw the pods away, drink the water.
Health Benefits of the Okra:
As we already said above, okra is rich in dietary fibers, minerals, and important vitamins. It is also very powerful antioxidants. That is why the okra is considered to be beneficial in numerous ways for our health.
– It can helps you prevent constipation
– Lowers the cholesterol
– Reduces the risk of some forms of cancer (especially colorectal cancer)
– Improves the levels of energy and improves the symptoms of depression
– Helps the treatment of sore throat
– Helps the treatment of irritable bowel, lung inflammation and ulcers.