Most pet owners are not aware of the consequences of cat’s “harmless” licking.
A living example is the case of Janese Walters from the United States. She woke up one night and realized she lost her sight after her cat’s saliva flowed into her eye.
She got sudden blindness in the left eye. Within a month, she daily visited doctors who could not understand the cause of her blindness, until she explained that one night the cat licked his face. This key information managed to solve the mystery because the blindness was caused by a bacterial infection.
The disease is transmitted through cat saliva, scratch, bite and, generally, children are most susceptible because it can lead to blindness and other serious complications.
Doctors advise mandatory hand washing with antibacterial soap after playing with pets.