Lemon is a citrus fruit with tremendous health benefits, it is rich in minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins that will help to protect you from infection by boosting your immune system while combating free radicals that are known to cause premature aging and even cancer. Lemon is also a great fruit for alkalizing your body, which is also necessary if you want to fight cancer and stay healthy, as it is a known fact that cancer thrives in an acidic environment. When you begin your day with a glass of warm lemon juice, you will do a lot of good to your body. However, you need to do it right, you need to boil organic lemons only because the GMO lemons have pesticides on their peel that is virtually impossible to rinse off and you are going to boil the lemon with its peel on, as the nutrients of the lemon is believed to be more pronounced in its peel and not just its juice.
This is what you need to prepare a homemade lemon juice recipe
- Organic lemons – 6
- Pure natural honey
- Clean drinking water – 20 Oz.
Preparation And Use
- Get a pot and pour the water inside, slice your organic lemons and put them in the pot of water.
- Heat up the water and sliced lemons for a period of 180 seconds.
- Once it has been heated, let the pot cool at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Take out the pulp and lemons from the water by straining it.
- Pour the lemon tea in a mug and consume with some pure natural honey to taste. It is advisable that you drink this lemon tea early in the morning before breakfast and on an empty stomach.
The Benefits Of Lemon Tea
- You will enhance your immunity.
- You will protect yourself from bacterial and viral infections, such as; common cold and influenza.
- You will stimulate your energy levels when you consume lemon tea.
- You will improve the health of your digestive system and combat constipation, indigestion and bloating.
- You will boost your rate of metabolism.
- You will alkalise your body.
- It is a great detoxifying agent.
- You will boost the appearance of your skin.
- Your oral health will be improved and you will have fresh breath.
- It improves your rate of healing.
- It will hydrate your lymphatic system.
- It helps with weight loss.
- It will boost your mood and combat symptoms of stress, such as depression and anxiety.
Note: If you are saving some of the lemon tea for later use, make sure to reheat it before consumption.
Source: Health Online Central