Sodium bicarbonate or popularly known as baking soda is known for a being effective household item in the treatment of several ailments. One use of this item that you can explore today, is an effective ingredient to promote hair growth, as well as to prevent hair loss. Baking soda is easy to procure and also relatively cheap. It will not leave you with any unwanted and undesirable side effects unlike commercial hair products on offer in your local stores and supermarkets. Here are some useful benefits you will derive from the use of BS on your scalp and hair.
- Baking Soda Will Help To Boost The Growth Of Your Hair
You can use BS to boost your hair growth especially if your hair is slow growing or it breaks and thins out easily. Baking soda is a natural acting hair growth booster that has no side effects to speak of.
- Baking Soda Is Effective Against Chlorine
Chlorine can damage your hair especially when you are exposed to it over an extensive period of time. This is usually a problem with swimmers who have their hair exposed to the harsh effects of chlorine. With BS applied on your hair, you can effectively get rid of any excessive amounts of chlorine on it.
- It Will Help To Eliminate Chemical Residue
Baking soda will help to eliminate any undesirable chemical residue left behind in your hair and scalp after using commercial hair care products like shampoos, relaxers and conditioners.
The Baking Soda Remedy
You can make use of this baking soda recipe on a daily basis to treat your hair and scalp. It is effective against dandruff and it will boost your hair growth in no time at all.
- Get a spray bottle and mix water and baking soda in it, the ratio of water to baking soda should be 3:1. You may increase the mix ratio depending on the length and volume of your hair.
- For example, if you have a medium-length hair, then a mixture of 6 tablespoons of water and 1 tablespoon of sodium bicarbonate will be ideal.
- You can apply the mixture on either dry or wet hair, however, you should use your fingers to work the mixture from your scalp and then onto your hair, right down to the tips of your hairs.
- Leave the mixture on your scalp And hair for about 15 minutes, then thoroughly rinse it off using lukewarm water.
- If you like, you could use a solution consisting of water and apple cider vinegar (ACV) in a ratio 4:1 to rinse your hair, include a couple of drops of an essential oil of your choosing to help enhance your hairs fragrance.
When you try out thus baking soda remedy frequently, you will notice significant improvements in the volume, length, and quality of your hair.