Not too many people have consumed or even heard about kamias, also known as bilimbi. However, this fruit is quite similar to your star fruit, but the difference being that it has a sour taste and it is used in many cultures as a cooking flavour. This fruit is predominantly found in Asian particularly in the Philippines, but it seems now that the fruit is readily available in America, Europe and indeed the rest of the world. The Philippines have been using this fruit in the treatment of a number of ailments for a very long time now and it is rich in several antioxidants, minerals and vitamins, such as; phosphorus, iron, vitamin C and B complex.
Kamias is useful in the effective treatment of the following ailments:
- In Treating Acne
By crushing some kamias and massaging the crushed pieces onto the site of the acne, you will be able to gain quick relief from the inflammation and irritation it causes.
- Relieving Persistent Coughing
- Steam the following ingredients for a few hours; sugar, couple of grains of fennel an about 3 grains of kamias.
- Strain the water and consume twice daily, before breakfast in the morning and before bedtime at night.
When you do this your persistent cough will be gone in no time at all
- Soothing Rheumatism
- Crush some kamias leaves and a grain of kamias till you get a smooth compound.
- Apply some water to the mixture to derive a paste and then massage this paste to the region of the rheumatism.
- Repeat this procedure twice or thrice daily for best results.
- Boil a glass of water with 6 grains of kamias after crushing them.
- Strain the water and consume it twice daily, in the morning and before bedtime. You will be able to treat type II diabetes if you do this daily.
- In Treating Toothache
To treat your toothache, apply some crushed kamias grains onto the aching tooth and if you repeat this daily, you will soon notice significant improvements in no time at all.
- Relieving Muscle Pains And Aches
- Blend the following ingredients to derive a paste; 15 grains of peppercorn, 1 grain of kamias, 10 grains of cloves and some kamias leaves.
- Ads some water to the mixture so that it is not too thick, then apply the paste by massaging it with your fingertips onto the site of the muscle pain and aches.
- Muscle pains and aches can be located anywhere, but usually in your shoulders, legs, neck and arms.
- Getting Rid Of Oral Thrush
Kamias has very strong acidity that can combat oral thrush, just crush some and put the crushed bits in your mouth, you will feel a sting, but the discomfort will ease the longer the crushed kamias stays in your mouth.
Source: Healthy Nation Ph