Do you suspect that you have bed bugs? Are you afraid of them? Unfortunately, we have some not very pleasant news for you. Every home has bugs which are hiding in the beds. This means that you ‘share’ the same bed and pillow with these bugs.
Here you find out how to eliminate, how to get rid of these nasty bugs:
• Get familiar with the ‘enemy’
• Grown up bed bug’s size is approximately half an inch, it is brown, its shape is oval, and it looks very similar to ticks, but it has no wings.
• Bed bugs are common since long time ago, namely thousands years ago.
• They can bite both humans and animals, and they are known to be able to suck blood for at least six times more that their size and weight.
• The bed bug bite is similar to a mosquito bite.
• They are mainly active at night and at clean places.
• Most of the people believe that these bed bugs are hiding somewhere into the beds.
• However, such bugs can be also found and they can ‘find’ you in vehicles, hotels, public transportation, furniture, etc.
• Luckily, you are not supposed to buy new and throw away the old mattress, just follow the tips below that we have provided just for you.
• It has been scientifically confirmed that bed bugs cannot transmit some diseases and that they are not threat to your health.
The tips and trick we have for you for the purpose of removal of these bed bugs from your home are very handy and useful.
Free your home of bed bugs
Regardless how unreal it may sound, you can really get rid of these bugs. They are capable to survive for even 400 days without ‘food’ and they are able to reproduce very rapidly and they can live in almost every condition.
One of the best options is a chemical extermination. But there is another obstacle here. Bed bugs can become resistant to the chemicals used for extermination and they can further live in your home despite the spraying of chemicals.
There are millions of peoples around the globe struggling with these creatures and dealing with the same issue – bed bugs.
The best bed bug extermination plan
1. Watch what happens in your home
The base of any extermination is the early detection. This is the key to success if you want bags free home. You can use mirror and a flashlight.
Bed bugs are super tiny creatures and it is probably impossible to see them, but they mainly gather on mattresses and bed frames. And this is a good starting point.
1. Check the mattresses and the box springs carefully. Also check under the mattress, and moreover, check every crack and seam.
2. Did you spot any brown spot or smudges? Did it look like dried blood?
3. Check the crevices and the cracks of the frames of the bed. Take them apart if you can.
Did you notice any of these indicators that there are living bed bugs? Find the best method to eliminate the bugs from your bed. If you did not notice anything of the afore stated, all you need is step 9.
2. Remove any visible bugs
Business card, vacuum cleaner or sticky tape can be useful for this. Choose the best method for you and be sure it works.
3. Wash the ‘bed stuff’
‘Bed stuff’ means the pillows, blankets, sheets, some stuffed toys, or literary everything that comes into contact with the bed. Wash them thoroughly and dry in a hot cycle to that if there are remained bed bugs and eggs thereof can be killed.
4. Freezing works well, too
Low temperatures can be used as the high temperatures; they have almost the same effect. So, if you are not able to wash the ‘bed stuff’, just put them in the freezer.
5. Use your vacuum cleaner
On regular basis, vacuum your mattress, carpet, crevices, bed frame and make sure that your vacuum cleaner is turned on at the best suction mode. After vacuum cleaning, immediately discard and cleans the vacuum bag, or throw the water from the container if your vacuum cleaner work on water.
6. Essential oil can do magic
Tea tree, cedar or orange essential oil aroma is what the bed bugs dislike. Mix some of these oils with water and spray the bed.
7. Try Diatomaceous Earth
Bed bugs hate this, too. It is mainly used by professionals in exterminations. All you need to do is to sprinkle it on the mattress, on the bed frame, carpet as well, but you must wear a dust mask. Later, just vacuum the excess.
8. Remove the clutter around your beds
Sometimes bed bugs like to ‘hide’ in nasty places. But once you eliminate the clutter, they hot have where to hide. You can clean the spots by using the methods we recommended above and you can just say farewell to these bugs form your home.
9. Prevention is the best cure
Extermination can be time consuming and expensive. And the stress you suffer and goes through is priceless. To avoid this, read below the tips and trick we have prepared for you to keep away the bed bugs from your bed and mattresses.
• Bed bug-proof mattresses are worth every penny. Your home will be free of dust mites and bed bugs.
• If you use sealant or caulk on the cracks and joints of the headboards, the bed bugs will have no place to hide in.
• You can set up bed bug traps under the legs of your bed. Prevention and detection are cheapest if you practice this before bed bugs multiply and turn into a mass. Check the traps on regular basis and practice step 1 from above frequently.