In the health and fitness world the plank exercise is considered a very effective form of exercise and this is because it does not require much time to execute.
Plank exercises will strengthen your core muscles which in turn will provide adequate support to your spine.
Here are seven changes to your body that you will notice when you practice the plank exercise daily.
1. Your Core Muscles Will Be Strengthened
All your core muscle groups will be strengthened and this is good for your abdominal muscles. These muscle groups include;
– Transverse abdominus: in so doing you will be able to lift heavy objects with ease.
– The rectus abdominus: your athletic ability will improve and you could also get a six pack in the process.
– The external oblique muscle: you will be able to twist your waist better and also engage in side-bending.
– The glutes: it helps to firm up your buttocks.
2. Your Risk Of Spinal And Back Injuries Will Be Reduced
You will strengthen your muscles and also get your back and spine to be flexible in the process. In so doing you will reduce your risk of incurring back and spinal injuries because of the flexibility.
3. Your Metabolism Will Be Stimulated
You will get to burn calories and in the process stimulate your metabolism better than other exercises like sit-ups and crunches when you engage in plank exercise.
The exercise can be done in a short time and can be done by you prior to preparing for work in the morning or when you get back from work in the evening.
4. Your Posture Will Improve
You will have a straight and very stable posture when you engage in the plank exercise daily. This happens when your core muscles are strengthened. Your back, chest, shoulders and neck will be straightened.
5. Your Balance Will Be Greatly Improved
Plank exercise will help you develop your balance, you will be able to stand on one leg for much longer than before. This is because your abdominal muscles will be strengthened and these muscles help to give you balance.
6. Your Flexibility Will Improve
The plank exercise will help you improve your flexibility, your spine and back will be flexible as your posterior muscle groups that is your shoulders, shoulder blades, and collarbone will also be strengthened and more flexible.
7. Your Mental Benefits Will Improve
This exercise helps your nerves and this will have a great influence on your mood. Your muscle groups that add to your tension and stress will be stretched out and made to relax when these muscles are relaxed then you will be able to get overall mental and physical rest.
With these seven benefits to your mental and physical health you should make the plank exercise a regular routine in your life today.
Source: Life Hack