Barley is an outgrowth with red color that may occur in the eye lid or below it. It looks like a grain and can cause pain, itching and irritation. Inside it is filled with pus and generally disappears after a few days.
Chalazion is also a sign of an infected eye lid gland, but unlike barley, it is solid, round, smooth blister and it is usually a little bit further away from the edge of the eye lid.
Barleys and chalazions are mainly harmless and rarely harm the eye or vision. They can occur at any age and usually reappear in some other part of the eyelid.
Causes of occurrence:
Mostly, barleys are caused by staphylococcal bacteria that are often found in the nostrils. You can transfer the bacteria on the eye lid when you touch your nose, and then you rub your eyes.
Chalazion is caused by clogged exit canal of the glands that help lubrication on the eye lids. In the clogged gland canal breeding of bacteria and inflammation that cause issued to him to create claims pimples may occur.
Natural remedies against barley eye:
1. Wash a Swiss chard leaf and heat it in a pan with water for around 5 minutes. Then strain the mixture and leave to cool down. After that, place the Swiss chard leaf onto a closed eye and let it act for a half hour. Repeat this process 3 times a day until you get rid of the ennoying barley.
2. Crush a few fresh mint leaves and place them on the eye. Let them act for 5 minutes, before you rinse using lukewarm water.
3. Make tea from a teaspoon of dried calendula petals and a half liter of water. Strain the resulting liquid and soak gauze in it. Place the wetted gauze onto the lid of the eye and hold it there until it is completely cool. Repeat this 3 times a day.
4. Put 25 grams of chamomile, 10 grams of horse tail and 10 grams of thyme in 1 liter of water. Cover the mixture and leave to cool down. Apply coatings from the resulting solution onto the eye 3 times a day.
5. Cut a piece of Aloe Vera and drain its juice. Use cotton in order to apply it on the eye.
6. For those who can freshly laid egg, they should apply the egg onto the affected eye let it act for 5 minutes.
7. Also, if barley occurs, find nurturing mother who still breastfeeds her baby. Apply few drops from the nurturing mother’s milk in the eye.