If you have a sedentary lifestyle then your glutes can be left sore and atrophied.
These muscles are important as they help with giving you balance as they stimulate the strength in your legs, your pelvis and spine.
In strengthening your glutes you end up also giving your posture an improvement which helps when you are engaged in high intensity sports, running and jogging. It will also help you avoid injuries in the long-run will it firms up your buttocks.
Here are 5 exercises you can adopt today to help you build your gluteus minimus, your gluteus medius and also your gluteus maximus.
1. The Weighted Bridge Exercise
– Begin in a lying position and bend your knees, while your feet is on the floor.
– Make sure your feet is parallel to your knees, over a hips width.
– Put a light dumbbell on your hips, next you raise them up from the floor.
– Do this while you tighten your abs, glutes and thighs.
– As a novice try this exercise without the dumbbell.
– Lower yourself back to the starting position but let your hips be slightly above the floor.
– Repeat this exercise 15 times and in 3 sets.
2. The Lunges Exercise
– Begin in a standing position with your legs at a hips width apart.
– Step forward with a leg and bend your knee to a 90 degree angle, maintain this posture for 5 seconds.
– Return to your starting position and then repeat the exercise with your other leg.
– Try it out in 3 sets and for 10 to 20 times.
3. Try Out The Squat Pulse Exercise
– Begin in a standing position and make sure your legs are hips width apart, let your toes be turned outwards.
– Let your arms be in front of your body, then tighten your glutes and abs as you squat down.
– Make sure your back is straight and your knees aligned to your toes as you squat downwards.
– Keep this posture, then bounce using the strength of your buttocks.
– Repeat this exercise in sets of three and for 15 times.
4. Try Out The Donkey Kicks Exercise
– Lie on your stomach and let your knees and hands be at a shoulders and hips width apart.
– Lift your leg ceiling bound and let it be just above your buttocks as you tighten your glutes and abs.
– Make sure you avoid injury to your spine by not lifting your leg higher than your torso.
– Keep this posture steady for a while then let your knee head back towards the floor but do not let it touch the floor.
– Try 3 sets of 15 exercises for both legs.
The Fire Hydrant Exercise
– This exercise is similar to the donkey kicks and do you start in the same position as the latter.
– In this exercise however you open up your right leg towards the side in a way that your hip opens up while your right thigh us parallel to the floor.
– Now without touching the floor return your knee to the starting posture.
– Try out this exercise in 3 sets of 16 tries.
Source/ Reference: www.fhfn.org
Other included sources linked in FHFN’s article:
dailyhealthpost.com – Original Article Source