There are some sleeping habits we usually follow that are harmful to our sleep and overall for our general health. This article will list 12 bedtime habits that you should avoid, especially in case you’re suffering from a lack of sleep.
Here are 12 sleeping habits you shouldn’t indulge in if you need a proper good night sleep:
1. Avoid taking your book along with you to bed. If you love to read books before sleeping, read to your satisfaction and drop the book off before getting on bed.
2. Avoid drinking water before you sleep, excess water will result in excess need for using the bathroom at night.
3. Use alarm clocks with dim lights or numbers as bright numbers usually prevent good night rest.
4. Always keep all electronic gadgets far from you while sleep as they might disturb the brain from getting perfect rest.
5. Maintain a daily exercise routine, it will make you have a good night rest and provide energy.
6. Finish your dinner at least two hours before sleeping and avoid going to bed full with food.
7. Drink coffee 4 hours before sleep as caffeine boosts metabolism making it perfect for mornings.
8. Cold feet prevent you from sleeping well early so always warm up your feet before going to bed.
9. Use good and standard mattress as it will aid your general health by delivering proper and good sleep.
10. Try sleeping on your side rather than on your back or stomach as it is the best sleeping position.
11. Design yourself an effective bedtime routine, for example, visit the bathroom, wash your face, and brush your teeth before going to bed is an ideal bedtime routine
12. Avoid taking extensive naps plan your sleeping routine that will make you got to bed at the same time everyday.