Castor oil is a vegetable oil obtained by pressing the seeds of the castor oil plant. Around the world people have used Castor Oil to treat a wide variety of ailments including arthritis, sciatica, knee pain, back pain and constipation.
It has many more benefits that can help you with everyday life:
Arthritic Pain Relief
Castor oil can be used for joint aches and pains. It’s used to treat arthritis pain too.
- Take a small cloth and soak it in castor oil
- Apply the cloth to the painful area
- Hold it in place with plastic wrap or a bandage
- Keep it there for a few minutes a day or as long as comfortable
- Apply again when necessary
As above, apply the castor oil to the sore area for forty-five minutes. Apply a heating pad on top afterwards for maximum results.
Castor oil has long been used to treat constipation. One teaspoon in the morning, taken before breakfast, and bowel movements will be quick and easy.
Dark Eye circles
Castor oil can be used as an eye cream and is far more cost effective than a branded eye cream.
- Apply the oil under tired eyes
- Massage gently and leave
- Your dark circles should recede slowly
A little castor oil rubbed on to your eye lids before bed can do wonders. It’s soothing and relaxing and will send you off to sleep.
Dry skin is the scourge of winter. Castor oil will moisturize, rejuvenate and reduce age spots or pigmentation.
- Add castor oil to your aqueous cream or daily moisturizer.
- Massage gently
- Reapply when needed
Rub a small amount of castor oil on to your hands, day and night, and say goodbye to painful dry cuticles and soft nails. Massage gently. Extend the massage to your hands and look out for soft skin and beautiful shiny nails.
Cracked heels can be exceptionally painful and you may not want to wear summer sandals because of them.
- At night apply castor oil directly to your heels
- Massage it in
- Put socks over and go to bed
- Pain and cracks will feel better in the morning
- Reapply when necessary and soon you will be wearing your sandals again
Thick shiny hair
Castor oil helps your hair reach that peak glossy condition and also helps with hair loss. The ricinoleic acid found in castor oil helps replenish your own natural oils.
- Mix one tablespoon of coconut or jojoba oil with three tablespoons castor oil
- Massage into your hair for about five minutes
- Leave it in, like a conditioner or hair mask
- Do not rinse
- The antioxidants in the castor oil will strengthen your hair too
Applying castor oil to your hair once weekly will repair the rough cuticles on your hair and get rid of your split ends.
We all want these. Apply a bit of castor oil to your eyes, either using a cotton bud or a mascara brush. Leave it on for a few hours and then rinse.
Apply daily for good results.
Castor oil is also an anti-bacterial agent and an anti-inflammatory as well as an analgesic. The benefits of castor oil are multiple. Get your castor oil from a reputable supplier and proceed carefully. Be amazed at the results!
Source: Health Tips Source